• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

question...about IP Analog Gateway !?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky01110227

Reaction score
i only have a NIC on my server ....but i have a switch in LAN
so ....does IP Analog Gateway connects to my server via USB ?
or it connects to my server's NIC and other end connects to the switch and analog phone port ?

or i have my server connects to the switch ....and the IP Analog Gateway also connects to the switch and analog phone port ?

wanan find it out before i buy the device :p

Hi,

Everything "IP" will connect to the switch, for example, your Gateway (I'll use Patton 4114 as an example), has 5 ports, 4 PSTN (analog lines) and 1 LAN port. The 4 PSTN ports connect to your phone lines and the 1 LAN port connects to your switch. You server (3CX) and your IP phones will also connect to the switch.

Check out the "How it works" section in this link for a visual of the network:
http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/3CXPhoneSystem_brochure.pdf

Regards,

Dan Jennings

There are currently no USB interfaces available, only network devices and internal PCI cards. However, in the next version of Sangoma's Netborder Express software, support for their USBfxo (2 FXO) will be supported.

thanks for all the answers :) ....
i have now questions now...:) and i am going to buy a IP analog gateway for my 3CX :lol:

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRNC IT Infrastructure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.