question...about IP Analog Gateway !?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sky01110227, Oct 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sky01110227

i only have a NIC on my server ....but i have a switch in LAN
    so ....does IP Analog Gateway connects to my server via USB ?
    or it connects to my server's NIC and other end connects to the switch and analog phone port ?

or i have my server connects to the switch ....and the IP Analog Gateway also connects to the switch and analog phone port ?

wanan find it out before i buy the device :p

2. danj

Hi,

Everything "IP" will connect to the switch, for example, your Gateway (I'll use Patton 4114 as an example), has 5 ports, 4 PSTN (analog lines) and 1 LAN port. The 4 PSTN ports connect to your phone lines and the 1 LAN port connects to your switch. You server (3CX) and your IP phones will also connect to the switch.

Check out the "How it works" section in this link for a visual of the network:
    http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/3CXPhoneSystem_brochure.pdf

Regards,

Dan Jennings

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

There are currently no USB interfaces available, only network devices and internal PCI cards. However, in the next version of Sangoma's Netborder Express software, support for their USBfxo (2 FXO) will be supported.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sky01110227

thanks for all the answers :) ....
    i have now questions now...:) and i am going to buy a IP analog gateway for my 3CX :lol:

thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.