Question about IVR and ring group extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Dragonsong3k, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonsong3k

Hello all! Newbie 3CX guy here!

Is there a way to block certain extensions from being accessible from your IVR?
    " If you know the parties extension, you may dial it now. "

It seems ring groups are able to be dialed from the IVR. I would like the ring groups to be "internal only."

Thanks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In the Custom Parameter section (under advanced settings) there is (was?) a category called IVRDONOTCALL , this is a "Comma separated list of destination numbers including ranges that will not be allowed for dialling from all IVR in 3CX."

3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The parameter IVRDONOTCALL does not work in newer versions of 3CX Phone System, the only thing you could do is adjust the IVR_DIRECT_DIALING_GRAMMAR value to [0-9]{1} which will limit the options IVRs accept to only one digit. This ofcourse would affect all IVRs and effectively direct dialing would be disabled completely.

4. Dragonsong3k

Thanks NickD_3CX,

I will give this a try. At least now I know where to find such options.

5. lejeje

Hello, I'm using 3CX v14 SP3.

And I'm unable to block dailing to extensions from IVR.

Both options: IVRDONOTCALL and IVR_DIRECT_DIALING_GRAMMAR does not seems to work. :cry:

Any sugestions?

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What value have you put in the IVR_DIRECT_DIALING_GRAMMAR ?

7. TC-MagazineK12

This is a year old thread but it saddens me the 3CX support response was...well...less than ideal. Sad we have to pay for the support that should come natively.

But to address the solution to the original posters issue, for all those that may see this thread...:

The IVRDONOTCALL parameter does not work with V15+. I had issues with people having the ability to call in to paging groups or extensions such as classrooms... Not cool. Additionally 3CX wanted more money just for tech support. But a little detective work and recognition of regular expressions yielded a fix/solution.

Ready for something that does fix this issue? IVR_DIRECT_DIALING_GRAMMAR is simply a regular expression. Adjust that parameter to suit your needs and restart the services, or easier just restart the server.

As an example the below regular expression, aka what is set for IVR_DIRECT_DIALING_GRAMMAR, disables the ability to dial extensions 2400 and 2500 while still recognizing four digit extensions:

((?!2400|2500)[0-9]{4})

Another example if you want to disable all direct dialing all together use the below to recognize only one digit between zero and nine :

[0-9]{1}

RossPCS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.