Question about license and external interface

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Rodeo, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodeo

Hi, Could you please tell me if I buy 3CX Phone System and I want to use it just for paging (groups) , each group counts as an extension?
    My question is because I do not know if each member of a group, paging group, is a extension or a simultaneous call.

Also I want to know if I can design my own graphic interface to work with 3CX Phone System. The idea is use 3CX Phone System for admin purpose and my interface for users.

Thanks in advance

Rodeo

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I can tell you that paging via Intercom seems to be 1 call or via Multicast is 1 call.
    You can actually do Multicast paging just phone to phone... but it seems you need groups.
    So, each Ring Group would be a Paging Group set for Multicast IP address , or a group of extensions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rodeo

Thanks craigreilly. This means for i want (paging) i just need the Mini Edition license, right?
    Thanks

4. craigreilly

It looks like Paging is not in the free edition - so that is correct.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. craigreilly

Although this image shows 4 total calls in MyPhone, the top one is a real call that someone is on.
    The next one is me making a page to 2 phones (shown below it).

My logs only showed 2 active calls.

Attached Files:

• pic1.png
      pic1.png
      File size:
      38.4 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.