• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Question about Shuttle NC02U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Jones

Bronze Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am about to do my first production installation as I am new to 3CX but have been installing other systems for around 19 years. I plan to use the 3cx for linux and have it running at my office now while getting familiar with it. I just used an old Dell PC I had laying around for my office demo system (installed Debian 8 and 3CX).

I need to select an appliance for the new customer I will be setting this up for and have a couple of questions.

I know 3CX suggests using the Shuttle NC02U and I was going to go with that but wanted to run this past you all first.
My install will be for 8 simultaneous call standard edition, 10 desk ip phones, and a hand full of PC/MAC and smart phone users.
So that model (the Shuttle NC02U) has a Celeron 3855U processor, is this enough for this install?
I was going to install 4gig of ram, would that be enough (looks like suggested is 2gig)?
Also, what size hard drive do you suggest for this size install, and will it work with an SSD?

Thank you very much for any assistance. I was hoping not to learn these things the hard way if possible.

What I have been using in the past for other similar installs needing a basic linux box is the Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 with an i3 and 4gig. I had thought about using one for this, but thought it was very bulky compared to the Shuttle.

Thanks again =)

Mike,

I am running several systems on the shuttle, 8 and 16SC pros. 4G Ram, 120G SSDNow. I have seen up to 10 calls on one and it is only using about 20% of the resources.

We only go with the PRO version as it makes life much easier with BLF setups, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.