Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Question about sidecar, holidays, and human operator

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jingram, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jingram

We are a pretty traditional organization. Currently we have a live operator who answers all inbound calls and routes those calls to the appropriate extension/person. How does 3cx handle this? I've seen what shoretel/mitel/fonality deals with this, either with a software application or allowing the use of sidecars. I haven't found anything really about 3cx and the use of sidecars or an application that a live operator would interact with. Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Second question revolves around holiday schedules. Currently we have the 3cx up and running using exchange as the voice attendant or for voicemail. How does one deal with holiday schedules in this scenario? Also, is it possible to use seperate recordings for each holiday. This is what we currently do... blah blah we are closed for Christmas Eve blah blah.

Rgds,
    Jack

2. jingram

Does anybody use a sidecar at all?

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What phone model do you have? You need to specify the device you are using.
    And you also have to specify the firmware used at the moment. The firmware can change the whole functionality of the phone, functionality of the already present programmable keys in the phone and the effect it will have on the expansion module too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.