Question about softswitch

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zaur, May 30, 2007.

1. zaur

Hi All

I have Synway board 8B/PCI
    I can use it with NCH Carousel software adapter and make call from pstn to sip and vice versa, but
    I want to use 3CX phone system.
    Can anybody tell me how can I use 3CX with software voip gateway?
    Or can I connect this hardware directly to 3CX?

(server with 3CX software and CTI board with FXO and FXS ports)

Thnx for reply.

2. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

You can not connect it directly to 3CX, but if you have adapter to SIP - you can use it with 3CX as common hardware PSTN gateway.

3. kidtroopa

Synway CAHTA SHT 4 Port USB

I have been able to successfully use my Synway 4 port USB CAHTA voicebox by pointing the NCH Swift Carousel Virtual FXO software to my installation of 3CX as a PSTN Gateway.

The only problem which still exists is that it takes FOREVER for the calls to get from Carousel into 3CX where it gets answered by my Digital Receptionist.

I can see that Carousel answers my incoming calls on the PSTN line after One ring successfully (GREAT!!).....than immediately initiates a call to the Gateway Line I have setup in 3CX. 7-8 rings later is when 3CX finally answers the call and everything then on works as it should.

I've set my PSTN Gateway in 3CX to answer after 0, 1, 2 rings...but none of these settings seem to shorten the answer timeframe.

Anyone have any ideas on why it's taking so long to answer?

4. kidtroopa

Carousel Transfer to 3CX

OK....after hours of troubleshooting.....I've got it to work!!!

1-Set Carousel Line settings to NOT use software based End of Call Detection
    2-Set Carousel startup settings to start before logon and DO NOT show any users (if you "show" carousel to users...you will notice two sessions of carousel.exe within task manager)
    3-Set AlwaysRingingOnCountTX=1 within Shticonfig.ini (allows Carousel to immediately answer call. Being Carousel is still unable to pass caller ID info as of ver 1.00...this won't be an issue)

Now....3CX answers all incoming calls from Carousel within 3 rings. The only issue that I know have...is if I set incoming calls to go to Voicemail of an extension.....it cuts off the voice prompt and goes straight to the "beep" at times.

For now...I will record a custom voice prompt with a delay at the beginning. The least of my worries.