Question about upgrade

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by beaterku, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beaterku

Good afternoon all,

I currently have a Small Business License with upgrade insurance good through Aug 2012. I currently have V.9 installed. I noted the updated pricing structure and it brought up a question. Will I be able to upgrade my current V.9 license to V.11 when it's released without paying for a new license as long as the upgrade happens before Aug 2012?

Thanks!
    Nick

2. beaterku

Does anyone have and ideas on upgrading insurance and pricing? The 3CX documentation is vague at best.

Thank guys!
    Nick

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

have you tried calling?
    http://www.3cx.com/company/contact.php

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. beaterku

I emailed Brian Conway on Monday and haven't heard anything back. He is usually pretty good about responding pretty quickly.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

From what I understand, the answer is yes. As long as the upgrade insurance is in-force, then you are entitled to the version upgrades. I think the question is really more about can you upgrade from V9 to V11 while by-passing V10. I do not know the answer to this one, but you could always do the interim and then finalize to V11

6. mixig

mixig Active Member

From v11 manual:
    Upgrading from a previous version of 3CX Phone System
    It is possible to upgrade a 3CX Phone System 10, 9 installation to version 11 as follows:
    1. Before uninstalling, backup your current configuration using the backup and restore tool
    located in the 3CX program group.
    2. Now uninstall using Add/Remove programs.
    3. Install 3CX Phone System v11 – You will be prompted for the backup file by the configuration
    wizard. This will restore your configuration.
    Note
     Upgrades of versions 3.1, 5, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, 7.1 and 8 are not supported.

7. beaterku

Thank you guys! I spoke with Kevin on the phone and he squared me out. I have installed 11 Beta on a spare server and used my backup and key from V9 and it works flawlessly.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.