Question - howto properly add second SIP account to autoprov

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sasiki, May 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sasiki

I am currently finishing up the testing stage of a 3CX deployment using Yealink T38 sets. I have the server running, a test SIP trunk set up with my VoIP provider and a couple extensions working. I'm able to do all of the basic functions.

I'm running 3CX in Hyper-V and have the VM replicating and backing up to a second server. What I would like to do now is add a second SIP account to the autoprovision so the phones can be used on or off of my local network. I can set the phone to just use the public FQDN but would prefer to be able to add a second account as my failover facility has a different public IP. In the event my primary site is down, i'd have to change the DNS records then wait for all of that to propagate before the phones would register with the backup 3CX server.

What is the best way to accomplish my high availability setup? I can provide more information if necessary.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Question - howto properly add second SIP account to auto

The device (phone) itself, would have to be capable of a second, (back-up) server setting.

3. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

You need to configure the SIP Server 2 address on the Yealink phone, by changing the correct 3CX phone template

This may help - http://www.yealink.com/Upload/T4X/GA/Using%20Server%20Redundancy%20on%20Yealink%20IP%20Phones.pdf

You may also require two 3CX licenses, with this setup

4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Lower your TTL to something like 60 (seconds).
    I'm guessing your registrations are probably at least 300 seconds anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.