Question ref phone lines

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by g, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g

g

I'm running the 3CX System with SIP Service Providers. We have one VOIP line through the cable company that comes of their router. A user would like this line added to their Polycom or a Cisco Phone. Therefore eliminating the need for two phones sitting on the desk. This line goes to about two or three people. My question is this. I have a Linksys SPA 3000. Would it be possible to hook the line out of the modem up to this, then program it as an Extention in 3CX? The user just needs to be able to answer the line and or dial out on it. The other users do not care about having a second phone. However I'm afraid if this is setup and it rings in, then it will go straigh to the PBX and the others will not here it ring. Any suggestions?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can take the phone line coming from the cable ATA, use the SPA3000 to send it into 3CX, as a trunk, just as you would do with any PSTN line. It can then be sent to extension keys(the same extension number on multiple sets or a ring group) to any number of sets. You would have to create on outbound rule that would apply to only that (those) extension number(s) so that they could access that one particular trunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.