• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Question regarding Group Ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

adza

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a setup in my office where we have a group that should call a number of handsets.

If one of the handsets is engaged in a call when the group starts ringing, the other handsets ring, but it does not (as to be expected).

However, when that handset that was engaged hangs up - it will not ring if no one has picked up the call yet.

Is this standard behaviour, and is it possible to set up the configuration to allow engaged handsets to also ring as soon as they become available?

Thanks & Regards

Adam.

I tested it with a call queue, and after some seconds the extension that hanged up the call that was initially active, rings.
May be it is the normal behavior for ring groups, but you may solve it using a queue.

What phones are you using?

Hi,

I'm using Grandstream 2020's and Polycom IP600's.

Thanks & Regards

Adam.

This behaviour to me is normal as the phone in question has been determined as in use. This is partly due the the behaviour of your busy detection. If you have the PABX detectinng the status of the extension rather than the phone the behaviour can also be different although i cannot remeber if this will do what you want in this instance. Try changing the setting from whatever it is to the other one. I am using call queueing and ring groups in several ways but my ring wait times are too short for what you are seeing to be an issue.

Howdie,

And thanks for your reply! Spot on! By changing Extention->Manage->{my ext}->Destination Unreachable / Forwarding ->Phone Busy -> Busy Detection from PBX to Phone, it allows the phone to ring even if I'm on it, so when I finish with one call, I can answer the other!

Thanks so much!

I think I've got all the crinkles ironed out of the system now (hopefully).

Absolutely Smashing!

Cheers

Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.