• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Question regarding OutboundCallerID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raman Kalia

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi,

How to place "OutboundCallerID" number only for extensions that have it. In other words, welcome mail should omit the line about it, if "OutboundCallerID" number is not assigned to it.

Regards,
Raman Kalia

Assign caller-id per trunk, then this will be used, if no extension caller-id is available.

...and don't forget to enable "Clip Open" - mostly done by your ITSP

We use SIP trunk. My purpose is to edit the welcome mail. I could not find any variable/tag there (like %%EXTNUMBER%%) FOR DID and OutboundCallerID. We have a specific requirement, where only few of the extensions will have DID assigned. We want welcome mail to carry DID number but only for those extensions who have them.

from outbound roles in web management you can add extensions number that have permission to call outbound with specific prefix and trunk ...
Calls from extension(s)

My concern is not about how to give permission to an extension for outbound. I want to know the costume tag used for DID, which I can use in welcome mail.

It may be something that will have to be conveyed to the user, that has a DID assigned, in another manner, if the desired variable is not available.. Might be something to suggest in the Ideas forum.

Reactions: accentlogic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.