Questions about calls on multiple lines

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ngiovas, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ngiovas

I am running 3cx 9 in demo mode with full functionality and 2 simultaneous call capability. I currently have two SIP connections so that I can send/receive two calls simultaneously. I have a couple of questions about receiving multiple calls at the same time.

1. I currently have my calls set up to forward to a group "800" which dials all phones. If no phone answers, it goes to a single mailbox that is set up for one of the extensions. If a second call is received while one of the extensions is in use, it also forwards to group "800" and rings on all phones. The problem I am having is that if I am on a 3cx soft phone, when the second call comes in, the soft phone does not alert me that there is another call and I cannot switch to this call. How can I set it up so that the phone will notify me of a second incoming call while on another line?

2. My VOIP/SIP provider has call waiting functionality. I assume this is not available when using 3cx. I assume that the system would have to receive the second call and it would have to transfer it to a second extension on the same phone.

3. If there are two calls being placed on two extensions at the same time, I get a busy signal if a third call comes in. I realize that I only have the capability to receive two calls, so I assume that there is no way to make it roll to voicemail on my VOIP providers system since I can't technically receive this call. I just wanted to verify that I understand this correctly.

Nick

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

1. To allow multiple calls to a phone from a RING GROUP simply do the following:

Could you kindly do the Following:

1 a. Go to 3CX Phone System > Extensions > (EACH EXT NUM) > Forwarding Rules > Busy Detection Mechanism
    b. Enable "Use Phone Staus"
    c. Press Apply and OK.

2 a. 3CX Phone System > Settings > Advanced > Custom Parameters
    b. Search for "ALLOW"
    c. Change the Value of "ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP" to 1.
    d. Press Apply and OK

2. PBX does not use this functionality, you can leave them in the Queue or ring group until you can answer them, they will happily hear MOH (music on hold). PBX incoming simultaneous calls is relevant to your license ( currently 2).

3. Yes you have fully understood this, to the PBX that call is barred out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If your VoIP provider allows you to receive (or place) two simultaneous calls, and two calls are up, if you subscribe to voicemail with them then that third call should be going to their voicemail automatically. If it is not then that would be an issue you would have to talk to them about.

It all could depend on whether the two numbers are in a hunt group i.e. callers call main number, it's busy, call forwards to second number, it's busy, call forwards to voicemail OR is each number independent with it's own voicemail?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.