• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Questions about VM prompts and also the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanF

Reaction score
I'm running the 5.1.4078 beta build (Free version) on WIndows XP using an SPA3102 for the PSTN and an analog extension along with a Grandstream IP phone. I'm new to 3CX but not IP PBX's having run Asterisk for some time. The 3CX installation was very clean although it took a bit of fettling with the 3102 to get everything working.

I have a few questions.

The voicemail terminology of "press 1 to Save your message"... "Message Saved" seems confusing to me. What is wrong with something like "Press 1 to leave a message"... Message Sent.. Saving a message sounds like it it going to be stashed somewhere and I need to do something else to actually send it..

The second question is regarding the DR feature. I would like callers who dont select something off the menu to get dropped. I tried forwarding to a dummy unregistered extension that has no VM but the DR just fails and kicks the caller back into the menu. I would like to give the caller 15 seconds to chose an option and if they time out, just drop the call. Is there a way to achieve that ?

One Asterisk feature I miss in 3CX is the ability to blacklist a number, is there a way to do that ?

Thanks,

Stan

Hi

Thanks for your post.

We shall add your suggestions about Voicemail to the feature request list.

As to the Digital Receptionist request this should be available in the next public build.

As to blacklisting there is currently no such option, however we shall add this to our feature request list.

William400 said:
Hi

Thanks for your post.

We shall add your suggestions about Voicemail to the feature request list.

As to the Digital Receptionist request this should be available in the next public build.

As to blacklisting there is currently no such option, however we shall add this to our feature request list.

Thanks William, I'll look forward to the next beta build, with I be able to use the built in update mechanism or will be be new re-install ?.

You guys really have done a nice job with 3CX. Using Asterisk I spent weeks/months tracking down issues with low volume, echo, DTMF not propagating etc and I never did get the 3102 to work right (it kept disconnecting). I had 3CX up and running in a day using a lot of info from this forum to get the 3102 configured correctly for outbound calling and caller ID (needed to set the answer delay to 3 to give it time to sync up with the PSTN caller ID). 3CX looks a lot less like a project and more like a solution.

Stan

Hi

Thanks for your positive comments :)

In the new Beta build, in the 3CX Program Group, there is an updates option. This will allow you to download the latest updates for the 3CX modules without the need to re-install.

While this will not exclude a future need to run installation upgrades, we are working towards removing uninstall / reinstall situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.