Questions and suggestions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mike_at_software, Jan 8, 2007.

1. mike_at_software

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Mike

Thanks again for your nice feedback. See my responses below

1.Which VOIP gateway, available from UK online retailers is guaranteed to work for PSTN lines with 3CX? Your manual recommends The Clipcomm cg-410, which I cannot locate at any UK online retailer. Your alternative recommendation, the D-link DVG-3004S is listed as discontinued by D-Link, the replacement model being DIV-140, but again, I cannot locate any UK-based online retailer stocking that item. Elsewhere in your forum a user asked about the difficulty of configuring a Linksys SPA3102: you mentioned your were preparing a configuration guide for that model. Is the guide available, and does that device work with 3CX? If not, what is your current recommendation for a gateway?

Absolutely the Grandstream GW 410. Its a new product, we got ours from the states a couple of weeks back but it should be in UK stores by now. Anyways they will send it to the Uk as well. its easy to configure and inexpensive and works.

Possible bugs or suggestions

1. If I dial using a standard DECT phone to my Sipgate number, the call is answered by 3CX, but none of the key tones are recognised by the digital receptionist. Making similar calls internally, using X-Lite, the tones are recognised, and I can route through the menu structure. Is that likely to be a problem with the DECT phone, sipgate or 3CX?

Yes, we have addressed this in the new beta. Basically the current beta on the web does not support so called in band DTMF. This has been fixed and will be in the next beta

2. Domain names don

3. mike_at_software

Reboot

"When did it need to be rebooted? After a system failure ? "

Hi Nick,

The system needed to be rebooted for reasons unconnected with 3CX, or any failurre, but rather for Windows update reboots, removing other products etc.

Glad to hear about the new version - I look forward to the release newsletter.

Best regards.

Mike

4. mike_at_software

Hi Nick,

Just so that I can be absolutely certain that I'm buying something which works easily with 3CX, could you please confirm that it is the product at this link on the Grandstream site which you're presently recommending:

http://www.grandstream.com/GXW-410x_Brochure.pdf

Best regards.

Mike

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Mike,

Yes thats the one!

We are testing with it currently. We still have some things to be resolved, if you want to wait a few more days it might be better...

6. mike_at_software

Nick,

OK - thanks. The credit card's back in the wallet for a few more days!

Regards.

Mike

7. apnf

8. mike_at_software

Thanks for the helpful tip Jurgen, I'll try it out.

9. mike_at_software

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the new beta. I'm about to spend some cash on implementing a gateway, and I wondered if the items to be resolved with the Grandstream GXW-410 which you referred to in this post had been sorted out yet, or whether you now had a different recommendation for a gateway?

Best regards.

Mike

10. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi MIke,

Yes, we resolved the issues and the grandstream now works great with 3CX...

11. mike_at_software

Hi Nick,

Thanks - time for shopping ...

Regards.

Mike