Queue ability to Start Playing Music On Hold After intro Check box option.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by two, Dec 8, 2015.

Queue ability to Start Playing Music On Hold After intro Check box option. 5 5 27votes
5/5, 27 votes

1. two

two

I have a need to add background music to an intro recording. When it is played the selected Music on hold plays behind it mashing up the intro file and MOH file music together. I did a workaround by modifying the .wav file for MOH with a silence delay but it would be nice to see a check box to start MOH after the intro file to separate the two if selected/needed.

Neil

DamianCorr likes this.
  2. webmasterlc

That would be a great option, as well as more options to add more than 1 on hold music. That is so annoying that you can't add more then one and the person if on long enough has to listen to the samething.

3. livn46

Agree with original poster: the checkbox that allowed the MOH to wait until after the intro had finished was one that we used, and miss greatly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OlympusGrp

We have talking in our hold music, which makes the inability to totally mute the track during the intro prompt very problematic. I'm not sure how the OP in this thread managed a workaround with adding silence because the hold music plays on a constant loop. If the music started from the beginning every time someone was sent to the queue, I would be fine with just adding silence.

5. uptime1

uptime1 New Member

I upvoted this one to pile on the fact that MOH needs a lot of attention and has for a long time.

6. datamerge

datamerge New Member

I would also like to add my vote for this.

7. noord

I wouldn't even classify this as a 'feature request' but as a bug that needs to be fixed, because in what world would you want the 'welcome' prompt to play through the background music?! That's just silly, you can't understand a word of the welcome-prompt if there's music playing...

8. two

two

I customize professional voice over customer requested music slowly increasing the volume or migrating sounds such as a motor rough idling up for a custom speed shop. Makes for so much more than just a basic voice. Listen to a lot of advertisements on the radio, it's not just the person speaking. Allows for many more customizable options entering a queue.

9. noord

Okay, you're right about that then.
    That's a case were you would want them to play simultaneously.
    Having said that, most menu's / voice prompts / intro's I have used with clients and/or listened to from numbers I called, the welcome prompt is played without background music.
    An option then, to play it simultaneously or not would be the best solution!

10. bdarcyevans

Yes please.

11. Evan Sorenson

We need this feature as well as we put internet outage messages up when calling our support line. It is hard to make out what is said when overlaying the message over our wait music.

12. Andrew Johnson

Would be great to have this feature. When calling many other companies, the hold music doesn't interfere with the introduction message. It seems strange to have music playing behind "Welcome to ****, this call may be monitored for coaching and quality purposes".

13. WolfgangOne

We use an IVR before the queue itself to accomplish this. If no input within 1 seconds, connect to queue. I agree that this should be an option, but just wanted to give you an alternative.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. ConnectworksNL

3CX any update in this, there like 5 ore more Threads about this function?
    Most me very simple to implant, 1 checkbox?

15. ConnectworksNL

16. mukkacow

I fully agree!

It's quite annoying hearing the MOH music mixed in background of our queue welcome message.
    Let us choose with a checkbox or eventually just start the MOH after the intro message.
    Thanks you

17. infohit

MOH / Queues need a complete overhaul. Each company has different needs for their queues. We actually wanted to mix in the greeting and some advertisements with MOH, but unfortunately in V15.5 SP2, MOH doesn't play from the beginning, so we can't really do that, unless we're willing to accept the fact that someone who just called in might first hear a chopped end of a sentence... The saddest thing is, it used to work! MOH used to always play from the beginning. So, to satisfy most of the threads on here regarding Queues and MOH, we need the following checkboxes / options:
    • Start playing MOH after the initial announcement.
    • Always play MOH from the beginning.
    • Add custom periodic announcements (users would be able to upload WAV files with their announcements, advertisements, whatever)
      • Custom announcements would take priority over announcing caller's position in queue if those two would happen to overlap.
      • Custom announcements would be chosen to repeat, or play just one time, at specified time in Q.
    • Announcement on queue timeout with an option to send email (we want to know who waited long enough and had given up, we don't want to know who waited for 2 seconds in queue and hung up because of whatever). It's basically a "manual callback".
    • If we choose to transfer the call on queue timeout, option to disable playing of the "please wait while i transfer you call" and MOH. We want a smooth, seamless experience for callers.
    • For all announcements, while an announcement is playing, have an option to: either silence the MOH, pause the MOH, or mix the announcement in with the MOH.
    Did I miss anything?

#17 infohit, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    jed likes this.
  18. narkumas

narkumas New Member

19. sehmar

Yes please, need option to play Intro before MOH.

20. Michael Groom

+1