Queue Access for 2 Bridged Systems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by vizualpro, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vizualpro

We have a sister company that we'd like to bridge our company with (within the same building); however, some employees work for both companies and would need access to join queues on both systems, as well as shared parking, etc. Is this something that's currently possible?

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Even when you bridge 2 3CX Phone Systems, although they interact with each other quite well, they still remain 2 different PBXs, each with its own resources like Shared Parking slots, Prompts, etc.

So although you should have no problem transferring calls over the bridge and seeing the Presence Information through the 3CX Phone clients:
    - The Extensions of PBX B will have to be added as External Agents in Queues of PBX A.
    - Extensions on PBX B cannot Park calls in the SPx slots of PBX A as those are only available for Extensions registered directly on PBX A.

Generally some level of merging is possible, but not completely.

3. vizualpro

Thank you for the quick reply Nick. Since the queues can be segregated and we want everything else to be shared anyway, the reason why I began to consider the bridged setup was because there was no obvious way to have separated on-hold tracks; is there a workaround so that we can avoid the additional instance?

Additionally, I've read that the active/passive redundancy is only available for single instance installations and not the Multi Tenant version, is this still the case? I'd like to avoid the purchase of another Microsoft license (among other things) if possible but can't give up the redundancy to do so.

I understand using External Agents when it comes to the queue setup; we have an employee who would be using the mobile app to receive emergency service calls for both companies, I assume this would work with the same concept? Would it identify which queue the call was originating from on the phone?

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Unfortunately not, but there is a relevant topic in the 'Ideas' section about this: http://www.3cx.com/forums/music-on-hold-43764.html

Yes.

Yes, regardless if the user was register on PBX B, and the call entered a DID on PBX A, went to a Queues on PBX A and then rang the user, they should still be able to Identify that the Call is coming from Queue A on PBX A, as the display name would be something like <Inbound rule name>:<Queue Name> by default.

5. vizualpro

Thank you.

That's unfortunate, and something I'll surely be looking for in future versions.

That's the best news you've had for me thus far! lol Thanks again for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.