QUEUE Additional Custom Polling Strategy

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by DovydasJ, Dec 13, 2016.

QUEUE Additional Custom Polling Strategy 5 5 5votes
5/5, 5 votes

1. DovydasJ

Hello,

New feature: Additional Custom polling strategy to QUEUE agents

Description:
    For example we have:
    QUEUE: 800
    AGENTS connected to 800 QUEUE: 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205

When caller comes to 800 QUEUE I want to send call in different ways for agents by priority:
    First ringing 200 (for described Ring time); then 201, 202, 203 simultaneously (for described Ring time); then 204, 205 simultaneously (for described Ring time).

It is like sending call from QUEUE to groups by priority, which IT could manage. For example I could do the changes and then polling strategy could be:
    First ringing 200 (for described Ring time); then 201, 202 simultaneously (for described Ring time); then 204, 205 simultaneously (for described Ring time).

Thanks, bye!

Saulius Balciunas likes this.
  2. DovydasJ

With different customer this question came up again.

Saulius Balciunas likes this.
  3. humanism

You can do this by setting a maximum wait time, and waterfalling multiple queues.

4. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Using cascading queues may have the desired routing result, but will flag the calls as abandoned.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. DovydasJ

This will distort statistics.

#5 DovydasJ, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  6. DovydasJ

If I use multiple queues - it will be workaround and I loose some functionality of 3CX. If call will leave Queue #1, then it will be marked as abandoned call in this queue and its no matter if the same call will be answered in Queue #2.

In this way, 3CX lost its charm in call control with abandoned callls...

7. raphaelB

This idea is very good, for me, i will need :
    When caller comes to 800 QUEUE I want to send call in different ways for agents by priority:
    First ringing 200 (for described Ring time); then 200, 201 simultaneously (for described Ring time); then 200, 201, 202 simultaneously (for described Ring time)...

Because, actually, i have to use several queues.

8. Silly English Kniggit

Can - but it's a bad workaround with unwanted side effects which you then have to deal with. Call flow sounds bad to caller, statistics are shot, call reports become a headache. One queue, should be one queue - not 5 as I've had to build before.

This https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...idually-in-call-queue-in-conisderation.44453/ could solve that problem - please vote and comment with your specific requirements / use cases because this could be quite easily covered by that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...