Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Queue and numpad input (API)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by christophe.vuignier, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christophe.vuignier

Hello,

I'm using the Call Control API and latest version of 3CX (14 SP1).

I want to catch the event of an external user pressing a key on his phone's numpad while the call is connected to a queue.

My goal is when a customer is connected to the main queue, if no one is available to answer, he can press a key (2 or other number) and get connected to the main voicemail to let a message.
    I know it's possible to transfer at the end of SLA time, but I really need that the customer keeps the choice to wait or put a message.
    IVR can be an option, but it works only between two queues.. If the user cans let a message whenever he wants, it would be perfect !

Is it possible ?

Thank you very much and sorry for my poor english :oops:

Christophe

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Maybe I am missing something, but is not the feature you seek already available? Perhaps not via the API, but pressing the star button on the keypad allows the caller to exit the queue and be redirected. Look at the option for "destination if no answer". There you will see that the caller can press the * key and be redirected.

3. christophe.vuignier

Thank you very much Ineblett. I did not know about this feature ! That's not perfect as I'm using two queues (the first one redirect to the second), but as an alternativ on the second queue it's a good option (better than IVR).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.