Queue Answer Delay

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by WINWARE, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WINWARE

We are having issues with a Call Queue. The problem is that the phone rings, and when answered it is dead air for about 4 seconds. After that 4 seconds the caller can then hear the person that answered the phone as clear as a bell. As anyone else had this issue? Also, just to be a little more clearer about this issue, it only does it with the queue calls. It does not delay on calling an extension directly.

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

The same issue appears in case if you perform the "attendant transfer", isnt it?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WINWARE

I am just now hearing that as well. Do you know how to fix it?

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

What is the recent call scenario? Is it another "queue" call or it is the attendant transfer performed by extension?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. WINWARE

Well we have a real operator that answers the phone most times, but if she is on the phone, or away from her desk, it goes to an auto attendant. In the test that we have done to re-create the problem it is an auto attendant that puts us in the queue.

6. WINWARE

What happen "SY"? The way you were going at this I thought you knew something about the problem.

7. x86

x86

i have this same problem. i'm using the Patton 4114 FXO Gateway and Yealink T28P phones? does anyone have a solution for this?

8. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Management console. PSTN gateway configuration. "Other" tab. Set "supports re-invites=off" (untick corresponding check box) and save configuration.
    Does it resolve issue?

9. x86

x86

i will try this tomorrow morning when i'm in the office. this delay also occurs when calling internal extensions?

10. garethb_83

I am having the a similar issue at more than 1 site.

Both systems setup similar, using latest 3CX Build (v9 SP5) and Yealink T28 Handsets.

We have a Digital Receptionist, but most press 0 for operator. When the call is transferred, it takes 3 / 4 seconds before you actually hear the person on the other end once transferred.

But, this also happens when you ring extention to extension for me. Sometimes the delay is not there, not I would say 80% of the time it is...

We are using the latest firmware from Yealink also.

Any help would be great as this is causing my a real headache...

11. x86

x86

i've tried turning the "supports re-invite" off but it still doesn't fix the delay.

12. garethb_83

Is there any fix on this issue? Driving 2 companies bonkers..

13. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It is very difficult to divine what is going wrong on your environment. (wireshark capture of problematic call can provide information)

So next try is:
    Select all extensions which are handled by T28 phones in the list of extensions. Press Edit Extension (at the top of the list) navigate to "Other" tab. Untick "Supports re-Invites" (Supports re-Invites=off). Press OK at the bottom.

Replicate problematic call scenario. Does it resolve problem?

14. x86

x86

I still haven't been able to resolve this issue. i've now gone and got a dedicated I7 server for this system thinking it may have been something to do with the VM (which 3CX say they themselves run on). However even this hasn't fixed the issue. even calling internal extentions there is a delay or 1-2 seconds before the voice can be heard on either end? how can i diagnose this! it's really annoying to change phone system to this and have an issue of this nature. All the features seem to work fine. but this delay is causing me headaches.

15. x86

x86

how can I use wireshark to work out what's wrong? it really shoudn't need anything tested. it's a brand new machine with a new install of Windows 2008 R2 Server. It should be fine "out of the box'.

16. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi x86,

All PSTN gateways - "Supports re-invites=off"
    All extensions - "Supports re-invites=off"
    It was specified in my previous posts.

Do you still have the problem?

Thanks

17. x86

x86

Yes I've tried that on this new install I've only got 2 extensions and no PSTN devices I'm just testing interal calls between the 2 phones and still the delay occurs.

18. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Quotation from http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html
    You changed description 3 times:
    1. you specified that you have the same problem (subject is "Queue Answer Delay")
    2. then you specified that you use Patton and T28
    3. Now you are specifying that it is the call between two phones...

Could you please provide wireshark capture of problematic call?
    Please make it on PBX host. Both extensions should be configured as "Supports reinvites=off"

Thanks

19. x86

x86

I'm getting a delay no matter what happens is what i'm getting at. from internal to internal, putting a call through, answering out of the queue. no matter what it has a delay.

Please see the wire capture from a network with 1 switch that has just the server and 2 T28P's attached. this is just internal call from 1 extention to the other.

Attached Files:

20. garethb_83

Upgrade to new Firmware. Worked for me. It was a known issue as there were a memory leak of the previous firmware releases I have been informed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.