Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Queue Auto Logon Stuck?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jared, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jared

I'm experiencing an issue where users are automatically logged in to a Queue at the beginning of the day.

I've reviewed 3CX documentation and previous forum posts such as:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/agent-call-queue-auto-log-on-off-27561.html
    and
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/automatic-queue-login-31236.html
    but each of these seems to reference how auto logon / log in is turned on by
    1. Navigating to the Extension
    2. Choosing 'Office Hours Scheduling'
    3. Enabling 'Automatically Change Extension Profile Based on Time of Day'

This was enabled when I first reviewed each extension, but I've since disabled it. Users are still logged in at the beginning of Global Office Hours. I do have 'Log out from queues when not available' enabled, but that seems irrelevant to this problem to me. I haven't reset any services on the server since making the change (Server 2008 R2).

What I'd like to see is no one being automatically logged in, while users are automatically logged off at the end of the day. From 3CX documentation, I don't think both can be true, but I do know I can set users to go 'Away' when their client/computer is idle for a specified amount of time, thus forcing them out of the queue, and that's OK too.

So why is it that users are still automatically logged in even though 'Automatically change extension...' is disabled?
    Thanks for your help!

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Are you running v12 with latest service pack (sp6) ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. northfield

I've asked about this too and it appears that 3CX feels that it is best to have everyone log into a Queue at the beginning of business hours even if they aren't there. 3CX support people kept talking about having the manager log them out or using 2nd Away and dialing *6 something to log them out.

Am I crazy or is this NON-STANDARD to have everyone logged into the queue even if they aren't available?

The whole Queue structure is not working now. I never know who really is available and who isn't. My customers are pissed and my employees are pissed.

4. Jared

Yes, we are on version 12 with SP6
    [​IMG]

5. Jared

Any additional thoughts, or are we SOL on this one? It's a huge hassle to manually change settings that 3CX automatically changes every morning before many users arrive.

6. Jared

The admin panel even references how users must log in, inferring that it shouldn't be automatic.
    If automation were de facto, I'd expect passive language, such as "users must be logged into queue" etc. etc.

[​IMG]

Please let me know if 3CX automatically logging users into queues is by design and cannot be changed, or if it is possible to turn off this bothersome feature. I don't want my team doing extra work for nothing.

7. Jared

For all those looking for a solution, I believe I've found one; a workaround, at least. I'll confirm if it works in practice soon.

Basically, every user is bound by office hours-- this is what logs them into queues automatically-- and their office hours can't be set to nil.

It doesn't make sense to edit the global office hours, because that also controls certain global prompts/phone trees/etc., so we've got to enable individual office hours for each extension you don't want to auto log in.

Do this by choosing the extension, then by clicking "Office Hours Scheduling"
    Choose "This Extension uses Specific Office Hours" and click "Configure"
    If a user does keep standard hours for calling, feel free to input their specific hours.
    If a user works nonstandard shifts, or has a rotating schedule, this is the best option:
    Set the user's office hours for 1 minute of "dead time" when your business is closed. For example, I've used Sunday at 1:00am - 1:01am. This fulfills 3CX's need for each user to have office hours, while negating the auto-login shuffle; they will be logged in for one minute Sunday morning, then logged out. They will remain logged out the remainder of the week unless the user, or the queue manager manually logs them in. Combined with auto-logout at idle (configured through the 3CX softphone application), this method should prevent autologin while still logging out users who may have forgotten to log out at the end of the workday.

I got this working with a test queue and a test user, and I'm rolling it out to our CS queue today. I'll update this thread to let you know if it works as intended.

Ideally, the 3CX management portal would include a checkbox at the extension level, or at the queue level which would enable/disable auto-login during office hours. Please consider it, 3CX.

EDIT: confirmed working!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.