• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Queue call and forward to cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

engin411

Customer
Reaction score
I have five phones in a sales queue with roving sales guys. They want queue calls to be forwarded to their cells after 15 seconds of ringing the deskphones. The Available profile in each extension in 3CX has this timing option, but I am observing that in the queue my personal phone is in, calls from queue do not get forwarded to my cell - only internal calls or outside calls sent to my personal extension are forwarded to my cell.

Is sending a queue call to a cell phone possible?
TIA!

Yes, there are two ways:

1) Enable 'Ring my extension and mobile at the same time' in the extension's settings
2) Use the 'Add External Agent Number' option within the Queue settings. This created a external-user extension and will allow you to ring a cell phone for a remote user who is part of a queue. You can use this in combination with their deskphone extensions to get what you want.

Downsides:
1) You must update their mobile number in two places if it ever changes.
2) From what I can see, mobile users that are agents of a queue will NOT have the option to answer the queue call; as soon as they pickup their mobile phone, the call is connected. This is a problem in situations where the mobile phone is turned off, out of range, or the user lets it go to voicemail. There are a couple feature requests I found to fix this; so maybe the developers will add this option to the queue or external agents.

Here are the links:
http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=478

http://www.3cx.com/ideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=1047

Thanks! The Add External Agent option is grayed out in the queue settings. Is it not available in the Standard Version?

engin411 said:
Thanks! The Add External Agent option is grayed out in the queue settings. Is it not available in the Standard Version?

I'm not sure; we only have clients with either the Free edition or the Pro edition...

tech27 said:
engin411 said:

I'm not sure; we only have clients with either the Free edition or the Pro edition...

Can anyone else confirm either that you have the Standard or Professional version in order to use the Add External Agent option in a queue? I don't want to upgrade just for that if I am missing something else to be able to use this feature in Standard.

You must have the PRO version (with call center features) for the feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.