• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Queue callers DSS/BLF Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjwerkman

Reaction score
Does someone know if there is a possibilty to light up a key (ie. red) if there is a caller in the queue. And the possibility to hit the key to pickup the call?

Reactions: JamesIOH
Hello jjwerkman,

in order to configure pickup BLF key on the phone, please open selected extension -> "BLF (Busy Lamp Fields)" "Type" = "Custom Speed Dial" and for "Action" add *20*
If you like to change dial codes for pickup, open "Settings">>"PBX">>"Dial Codes"

Please note that light indication is only available on extensions and shared parking.

Thanks for your reply.
I know ho to create a pickup key. That is not exactly what I want.
When there is a caller waiting in a queue (call hasn't been answered), there should be a indicator at the phone. That indicator could be a red blf/dss key.

I could be wrong as there may have been some changes, but it is (was) not possible to set up a key for "system" owned calls such as queues. I believe there are some changes coming in V15 that may help some, but I do not know if it addresses your specific thought. You may want to review the log for V15 changes as well as the idea forum to see if similar requests have been submitted and what, if any, support they received.

I guess the questions are: how will one know that there is a call in the Q (to use a Q call pick up feature) and how will the key be expected to reflect a given status (if at all)? If they will know by virtue of hearing an agent's phone ringing, then the question is why isn't the agent answering or, if not there, why still logged in?

This is same issue we are having.

Can sometimes only have one person on a queue. We are not a call centre and so many periods where no calls or just one call being handled. The "agents" are also doing other work and so we cannot have someone constantly watching the queue like in a call centre. Currently if agents are all on calls they need to keep visually checking queue manager to see if new call is in the queue to know if they should wrap up current call or put on hold to service the call. They currently have physical phones, so silly taking up screen real estate keeping queue manager on top if indication could be on phone.

We are phasing out a Zultys system at one site and that has options such as flashing light on handset and intermittent beeps for agents if call in queue. These are options to cater for this desire to use queues, but with a small number of agents logged in. Another option would be for 3CX notification if new call added to queue. ie notification center popup, Q-Manager coming to fore or Wall Board coming to the fore and queue icon flashing to say call in queue (not just changing from 0 to 1).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.