Queue calls randomly stop ringing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by crookedsysadmin, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crookedsysadmin

We have an on going issue for a while now (about a month or two) where random users will face issues where they can no longer receive queue calls. Direct calling to their extension works and they can make outbound calls but their softphone and deskphone (Aastra, Polycom, Yealink) dont ring when call comes into the queue.

This used to happen maybe a couple of times a year but now it's happening more and more (2-3 times a week). It's at random for different users. The first solution is to take the user out of the queue and put it back in but that doesn't work 100% of the time. The only method that seems to fix the issue is deleting the extension and recreating it.

I know it's not the phones because it's happening to three different phones from three different manufacturers.

We've also tried restarting the phone but that doesn't do much since the queue calls dont even ring on the softphone.

Any thoughts?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does the 3CX Activity Log provide any reason why the extensions are no longer active members of the queue?

3. neville

neville New Member

I’m seeing the same thing. I have to restart the queue service to fix. Mine is only for one extension using windows client. Happens a couple of times a week.

4. crookedsysadmin

Nothing in activity logs.

5. crookedsysadmin

Half our company is basically a call center so restarting the queue service mid day is a big no no.

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

On Queue-intense systems, troubleshooting these kinds of things needs a bit of attention. What I usually do is turn on Verbose logging and set the "Keep backup of log files for" to 2-3 days. then restart the service once (out of office hours), then wait until this happens.
    Once it does, get note of the date/time and extension. Then also get a hold of all "3CXQueueManager.log" files that are located C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Logs\ and in the "Backup" sub-directory.

Then, you must go through the files once by one. Each incoming Queue calls is listed in these files and also the availability of each extension will be explained, basically telling you the "Queue logic".
    That's usually the starting point, then you see where the logs take you...

7. crookedsysadmin

So I this in the queue log. Looks like the extension is stuck on a call, is this correct? I dont see anything on the active calls page. Anything I can do to force the extension to drop the call?

Code:
      * Queue 192 cin: act=4/stat=4 poll=0 serv=3
      - QC(XBDBQTHOOMNA) 'ConnectedToAgent 886' [2017-12-15 12:09:18 PM] (245706 sec.) from '*NAME REDACTED' (239)
    Edit: I set the extension status to away & logged out which had the "log out from all queues" option selected. I then set the extension to available & logged out and had the user log in to the queue again but still having the issue.

#7 crookedsysadmin, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The log snippet does suggest this might be the case, there is however another place in the logs that is more clear, but can't remember the syntax right now.
    While the problem exists with the agent check in:
    • Management Console --> Dashboard --> Number of calls in use: Do you see an active call here for that extension?
    • Open a 3CX Client / WebClient that has permissions to view this extension: Do you see it as 'yellow' (on a call)?

9. crookedsysadmin

Nothing in active calls for that user.

3CX client shows green when the extension isnt on a call. Since direct calling to extension works but not queue calls, it turns yellow when the extension is on phone with another extension (not from the queue).

Is there anyway to force 3CX to drop it from somewhere other than Active Calls page since nothing is showing up there for that user's stuck call?

10. crookedsysadmin

Did a test. Deleted the 239 extension which the problematic extension was on the call with. Then recreated it. That didn't work so I deleted the extension that's having the problem (886) and recreated that with newer password. Now the phone seems to ring.

However, I still see in the 3CXQueueManager.log that the extensions are still connected.

Code:
      * Queue 192 cin: act=1/stat=1 poll=0 serv=1
      - QC(XBDBQTHOOMNA) 'ConnectedToAgent 886' [2017-12-15 12:09:18 PM] (259938 sec.) from '*NAME REDACTED*' (239)

11. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Is it possible that the user of Ext 886 had registered another device, e.g. mobile client, answered a call from there, and disconnected the device e.g. from the WiFi leaving the call "hanging"?

This would potentially explain this and why the call seems as if stuck.

If not we'd have to examine the logs closer to see what exactly happened.

12. crookedsysadmin

I know for sure these users dont use any other device other than the softphone client on the PC and the deskphone.

Is there no way to force 3CX to drop the call?

13. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If the call is "stuck", then no. Under normal circumstances for non-stuck calls, you can go to Dashboard --> Number of active calls and from there you can drop calls.

Btw, I sent you a PM.

14. Stevetritton

I have very similar problem which has now gone to RANDD. The internal ID of the case is # 20669.

Waiting to get further update.

15. crookedsysadmin

Im 90% sure our problem was with the VPN. In the Queue Manager logs, I was seeing the problematic extensions stuck on call with the extension from a remote office which connects their phones remotely to the 3CX server via VPN on the firewall.

Our VPN was having issues so whenever extension in main office was on call with extension in remote office, it would get stuck in the queue and not ring.

Use PingInfoView view to monitor your network/VPN if this is the case.

16. Stevetritton

We do not have remote extensions, they are all 3CX windows client. I am going to check whether same extensions are configured on multiple PC's just in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.