Queue Jumping

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jes.amos, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jes.amos

Does anyone know if it is possible to have an option in the an IVR or Digital Receptionist that will place a at the top of the priority list once the call hits the queue? Nothing is jumping out at me or apparently obvious.

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

In Pro edition you can have priority queues, you can place a call in such queue, based on caller-ID of a caller.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jes.amos

So this is on a pro edition and I have enabled priority queue. This is a medical office and I need an option for doctors calling in to be able to skip the queue. Right now I have an option in the IVR for doctors to hit a ring group but lets just say weird things happen when the doctors ring group and the call queue ring at the same time. The queue seems to take priority over the ring group.

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You may create CID inbound rules for doctors caller-IDs and route their calls directly to destination you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

#5 Saqqara, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  6. Jes.amos

If I went the two queues route I would need to figure out how to have distinctive ring tones for each queue so the agents can audibly hear that it isn't a standard ring.

7. Jes.amos

The problem is that the docs will mostly be from outside clinics and either calling from their homes or cell phones which are not published. I don't want to have to register 2500 distinct clinic CIDs plus their cell phones plus their home phones.

8. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

No easier way, you may import CIDs from .csv file

9. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Jes.amos

What is the problem with the approach of @Saqqara ?
    You could even go further and assign a different DID on the priority Queue and give that number only to the Doctors. Like this, they will even skip the IVR.
    As for the agents to be able to distinguish calls between the two queues, if you go to Management Console >> Contacts >> Options, and select to "Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID", then the Queue name will be appended on the call.

10. Jes.amos

The only problem with that is the agents will be talking with patients in person and on the phone, need to hear a different ring tone when it is a doctor calling so they can audibly hear that it is a more urgent call than normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.