Queue not covered by current license!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Siege, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siege

Hello, before I probably have to pay for support from 3CX I though I would try here first.

I recently had to upgrade some DLL to re-register our 3CX (which was a pain)

After that, I re-registered ok but then all of our Queues stopped working and we are not getting the following in our logs

License Limit : Call Queues are not covered by the current license.

We DO have a commercial license (8 lines), this worked fine before we re-activated.
    We have 3CXPSSB Small Business Edition
    This is for version 8 of the software.

I have looked into the PDF/features, call queues are stated as a feature.

Any clues, should I still be able to use Queues?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

What type of queue? If memory serves, and it sometimes doesn't, earlier versions had an array of various kinds of queuing strategies that could be employed. Sometime later, a call center edition was developed and released whereupon some of the more complex or truly call center centric strategies were removed from the standard style editions and incorporated into the call center editions. So, I think that while queues are supported, it just isn't as many or as feature rich as what it was earlier.

3. Siege

Hi thanks for the reply,

Nothing special about the queue, just the basic simple queue that we would log in to using the assistant.

We have never had the call center module installed/activated.

4. Siege

To confirm, the polling strategy is "ring all" something that inst limited to the Call Center module, if I am correct?

So, should I be able to use a "Ring All Queue" on a 3CXPSSB license, and if so, any ideas why I can not?

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Yes you should, standard queues are available in all paid licenses. Restart all of the 3CX services, and reactivating the license if restarting the services didn't help. Also try reverting back to a free license (button on activation page) and then re-entering the license code.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. SimpleUser

After entering the newly purchased license (Mini-Edition) I had a similar problem: Ring Group didn't work and I tried hours to get it to run. The "Server Activity Log" said the following:
    License Limit: Call Queues are not covered under current license

A simple trick made it work: reboot my Server on which 3CX was running. Now everything is working fine

Not sure though why 3CX is not fixing such an obvious problem, cost me several hours :(

7. mixig

mixig Active Member

Did you restart services after entering license? Dont need restart the server...

8. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Rebooting the server or at least the services should be the first step in resolving such issues. I cannot imagine what you could do for "hours" diagnosing a license issue that gives you no logs or anything to go on. I wouldn't blame 3CX on this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.