Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Queue Out of Office Time, just an announcement, no possibility/function of pushing key

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by emo89, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emo89

Hi,
    I try to setup an IVR which is played at out of office times.
    I just want to play an announcement and no possibilty of pushing keys or leave an message by the caller.
    By the IVR setup there is no option of "if input is invalid then:" nothing or anythink like that. At the moment repeat prompt is selected.
    I didn´t programmed any key in the IVR.
    The problem is that when the caller is pressing an extension number the call is transferred to the extension, or when he press anything else with more then 1 key an announcement says that the route is not correct.
    Is it possible to program it like I want by IVR, or do I have go another way, like mailbox ?

#1 emo89, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi emo89,

You cannot turn off the ability to hit DTMF digits in the IVR - this has been requested several times by partners on the forums before.

On a queue you can have an introductory message played before forwarding to the queue itself- his may help.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would use a mailbox and leave a long silence at the end of the recording so the caller doesn't get the idea to leave a message. You could even record a busy signal, at the end, to indicate that they should now hang up.

4. Marari

Marari New Member

The way I set mine up is to forward the calls to the 000 extension outside of globally defined business hours.

The 000 extension (in this particular config) goes straight to voicemail with a greeting telling the caller they have called outside of regular business hours. The only options are to leave a message or hang up.

If a caller chooses to hit an extension (for example, 101), it bounces right back to the 000 extension voicemail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

You could use a CFD application that plays a prompt and hangs up. Then they can't dial any other extensions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.