Queue problems when moved from v11 to v12

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Prionetsupport, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prionetsupport

Hello 3CX,

A month ago, we upgraded our own 3CX from v11 to v12.
    After the upgrade we got some problems with the Queue manager.
    I have to restart the Queue manager more than 2 times a day, because the calls are not going from the Que to the Extensions.
    It's not with al extensions, one of my collegues has exact the same configuration, and she gets no problems at al.
    We have deleted all Ques and we made them again, but still we have the same problems.
    This is our first experience with upgrading from v11 to v12.
    Is this mabey an issue with the back-up en restore from 11 to 12?

Kind Regards

Christiaan

Prionet

2. jjwerkman

There is a bug in v12 sp3 where transfers between queue's ended up in a active silent line. The caller is active in a queue but no agent is polled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Prionetsupport

Thanks for your respons.

Is there a indication from 3cx to solve this bug?

4. jjwerkman

They will solve it in service pack 4 but they can't tell when this sp is released. I'm still waiting.
    I placed a IVR with 1 a second time out and no anouncement. For me it works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Prionetsupport

i Think we are not talking about the same issue.
    Calls from que's keeps hanging, even if there are availible agents logged in to the Que.

But when i restart the que manager, problem is temporary solved

6. jjwerkman

I still think we are talking about the same issue. In my case agent where logged in also. In 3CX Management Console I could see the phones attached to this queue ara ringing. But the phone's where not making any noise. When you are waiting in a queue and the service is restarted you are attached to a silent line and no agents where polled anymore for your line. New incoming lines are attached to a available agent.
    In my case I had two reactions from 3CX:

"This is due to the fact that the user tries to make an attended transfer to a queue and before a queue agent answers they perform the attended transfer. The result is that the call stays in the queue and you need a restart of the services. For now please avoid making an attended transfer before an agent answers. Also due to general feedback given by users about this functionality we will address it in the next update so that agents remain polling."

"When we mention semi attended transfer we mean from queue to queue with not when redirected from an extension to a queue due to forwarding rules."

Hope it helps for your case. I placed a IVR between the queue's (if a queue was transferred to another queue when lifetime has run out). You also need to instruct the user how to make a valid transfer of call's.

7. Prionetsupport

Oke Thank you

Do you have a situation that you upgraded v11 to v12 with back-up and restore tool?

8. jjwerkman

Yes. I upgraded from v11 to v12. I did not use Backup and Restore.

9. Prionetsupport

It's strange because a few customers are running v12 sp3 and they don't have any problems with the Que.

I thought it was a problem with the installation of our 3cx system.

10. craigmac67

I'm having the exact issue, when user transfers from one queue to another queue, that user can no longer get queue calls. What I've been doing is removing that extension out of all queues then putting them back in and that seems to work. Hope the fix comes soon.

11. Jaxxyo

Just to chime in with my experience as this haunted me for a month or so. We had this issue when we did a restore when upgrading from V11 to V12. I ended up biting the bullet and rebuilding the server from scratch and the issue went away. Being able to export and import DIDs and extensions made the process not so bad. It gave a chance to clean some things up to. I've been running almost a month since the rebuild and have yet to see the issue come back.

12. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi,
    This is fixed in SP4.
    The update will be available today.
    Thanks

13. fthomas_mcallen

It seems a similar issue has cropped up with SP6. When a queue agent performs a blind transfer to a target extension, that agent is not polled again until the target extension joins the transferred call. This causes the amount of time callers spend in queues to skyrocket, and also causes agent idle time to skyrocket. This basically makes 3CX unusable in any practical sense. Is there a fix on the way for this behavior?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.