Queue Status/Toggle Button on Yealink T2X series

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KevReed@Work, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevReed@Work

Looking to achieve the following:

PBX - 3CX V12 SP6.1
    Phones - Yealink T28P
    F/W - 2.71.0.224

Looking to set one of the line buttons as a Queue toggle with the light on for in queue and off for out of queue, pressing the button to toggle status.

Is this possible and, if so, how?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

You can certainly set one of the line keys via manual provisioning (or modifying a template) to have one key do a speed-dial to log in and another key to log out, but this will not light the keys. There are specific dial codes to activate and deactivate at the PBX. The dial codes are in the advanced settings tab of the 3CX system.

3. KevReed@Work

My apologies if I was not making my request clear...

We have a limited number of keys available on the phone, and we were therefore looking to have one key do both login and logout tasks in a toggle-type implementation and would much prefer it if it also lit up when status is IN-QUEUE and went out when status is OUT-OF-QUEUE.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

No apologies needed.

I understood what you were looking for, but it simply is not available as you have requested. The default dial codes are *62 and *63 for changing a queue status. So the feature (logic) that you seek would have to reside in the phone itself as it would have to know its current status such that it would know which code to send to the PBX when a change to the current status is desired.

As it would be convenient to have a single code that could "toggle" between in & out, the issue then becomes the other aspect that you want - a light so that the user knows their current "Q" status. Unfortunately, this too is not supported at present. I think the issue is not one solely attributable to 3CX, but that the phone manufacturers would also have to accommodate the feature in their firmware so that when 3CX sent the phone the command to alter the status, the phone would know how to interpret the command and then act on it accordingly.

What you seek is only available in the current 3CXPhone client software.

5. bbaker73

bbaker73 New Member

I agree. With a limited number of BLF keys on the phones it would be great if there was a dial code that could be assigned to one key for queue toggle that the 3cx system could just toggle the user in/out of queues if dialed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.