Queue Strategy

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rameshchinnaa, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rameshchinnaa

Hi ,

Our 3cx configured with 5 queues, and we have 10 agents logged in the all 5 queues same time.

My query is, If I configure all 5 queue's strategy as "longest wait", whether 3cx phone system know which advisor has been free for the longest time when the advisor belongs to mutiple queues when calls are coming in to 5 queues at same time.

Please help me to setup queue in right way.

regards,
    ramesh
    ramesh@atlanticdata.co.uk

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Interesting question and one that I do not have an answer for. However my guess is that each queue is managed separately without regard to those agents that may be assigned to more than one queue. Therefore as calls come into a given queue, the system only looks at the time and agents associated to that specific queue and attempts to implement the strategy accordingly for same.

This then implies that it is highly likely that the agent may take a call from one queue only to be followed immediately by another call from a different queue. The rule of longest free time may have been met in both cases as presumably each queue is dynamic and when he/she got off the call from the first queue, it is conceivable that they are now the longest open at that point from one of the other queues. I just don't think that all members of any and all queues are combined in a pool and the system looks at all the rules from all the various queues and keeps tabs upon how each is impacted by the other in order to know that agent #1 who just took a call from Q1 is now moved around in Q2, Q3 and others as a result of no longer being the longest free (from Q1).

I base my belief on this as the agent is only given a single sign-in/out. Once they have signed-in they are in for all queues and the strategies could run against one another. One could be longest wait, while another Q could be set for prioritized hunt and agent #1 could be at the top of the hunt. If this were the case, then agent #1 might never get a call from any other Q, depending on the dynamics of the particular queue. as she may never meet the longest wait time requirement.

Just my guess.

3. rameshchinnaa

Many thanks for the information mate.

Even I was guessing the same.. But I wanted some documents & experts opinion on my query to understand more.

thank you.
    ramesh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.