Queue Unanswered Calls Behavior

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TSlocum, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Currently, we have a call queue with 5 members with the ring all strategy. If all agents are busy and the call goes unanswered for a certain amount of time, it transfers to a ring group with 2 members (these people are not in the main queue). When it transfers, the system prompt says, "Please wait while I transfer your call." This seems to be be jarring to customers and we've run into some hangups because of it.

Is there a better way to handle this where it rings the 5 main agents then rings the 2 other agents after? We need it to ring all 5 first, then if it goes unanswered, ring the next 2 together.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I am not aware of a way to achieve the functionality you seek without messing with the prompt file "Please wait while I transfer your call."

You could modify this file replacing it with an empty wav keeping the same file name, but by doing this, you will not hear the specific prompt through out the PBX. So you will not hear anything while calls are transferred so this is not advisable. Perhaps you could change it to something more discrete, but again it will affect all of the PBX.

Maybe someone knows a work around that can accomplish this functionality without tempering with the file

3. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Are there any queue ring strategies that would accomplish something similar without having to transfer out of the queue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.