Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Queue with no music

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by adamwells, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamwells

Hi,

I'm attempting to create the following set up

User calls > rings directly to one of three users within a queue with no music

Currently, the hold music plays whilst they ring in. Can this be changed so it's a ringing tone? It works perfectly with a ring group, but this gets rid of the wallboard so the users don't know if someone else is ringing in.

What's the closest way I can achieve it?

Thanks

2. mattscott

I needed to do something similar once and I ended up using a file like this as the hold music for the queue.

http://soundbible.com/1868-Ringing-Phone.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gbardissi

Yes you can add an audio file to the queue configuration with silence or do what you did with the ring groups by adding an audio file with just rining.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that callers are usually only willing to wait so long, if they are listening to ringback tone, or (even worse) silence (did they hang up on me?). The music, in a queue, confirms that they are on hold, and that the wait time could be a few minutes. Ringback tone has callers picturing a set actually ringing somewhere, and perhaps someone sitting beside it ignoring it. If not answered within a reasonable time (30 to 45 seconds), they will hang up and (possibly) try again.

5. adamwells

Perfect. Thank you very much - it's now exactly how we want it!

6. adamwells

Thanks for the input - our company doesn't have a high volume of calls, so it's a rarity that there is no one to answer - in which case it goes over to a group after a minute. The ring tone suits us perfect at our current size. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.