Queuemanager needs reboot often

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by oedlan, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oedlan

We have a customer with a PBX that has been running OK since summer but after the last update the Queue Manager has started to act up.
    We have "personal queues" for certain agents and when the QM starts to act up, the calls won't transfer even though the extension is free.

After a restart of the QM service, it's back to working again. I'm not sure what to look for, can't see anything in the logs, it's just as if the QM "ignores" calls already in queues.
    This has happened about once a week.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. markshehan

markshehan New Member

can you put the logs on Verbose mode if they are not already?

That is going to give you more information. If it says it is transferring to the queue but the phones do not ring then it is a "service" issue. But just because the service restart fixes it doesnt mean it was the issue initially. (For example the log might show the queue is not registered).

Get a log of a problem call and we can go from there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. oedlan

Verbose was actually turned on so I got a few pages of logs.... I know it was not working at 10:50, and I rebooted the QM at 1053 and after this it worked. How much should I post? shall I filter on the Queue I tested?

4. left

This sounds very similar to an issue we have - calls getting stuck in the queue. A manual transfer from a manager is necessary (sometimes doesn't work though). Restarting the QM fixes the issue. Support told me they have been able to replicate the issue and a fix will be in SP3. My ticket is: #QZL-646-54541.

Adam
    LeftClickHere.com

5. cfive

cfive Member

I would like to add my name to the list.

Periodically, an incoming call via the queue will not ring certain extensions. There is simply no sign in the logs of it even trying. A restart of the queue manager service is required to get the functionality back.

6. cfive

cfive Member

> Support told me they have been able to replicate the issue and a fix will be in SP3.<

I wasn't told that, but I have applied SP3 in the hopes that it would change something but it hasn't.

It's only my most recent 3cx install that's doing this - so it's either something unique to their physical environment, or, something unique to having installed 3cx v11 (probably sp2) right from the get go.

The installs that started out at v7, v8, v9, v10 and have been updated to v11 are working fine.

I'd like to open a case on this issue, but I have a case open for the same PBX and the Q not ringing extension issue *might* be related to the other issue the case is working on. It's not moving very fast, but once that case is resolved we'll see if this issue remains, or not.

7. cfive

cfive Member

I take that back.

The build log now available says there are some fixes, and indeed I have not had to restart the service (nor had dropped queue calls) since SP3.

Thanks - Les.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.