Queues, Ring Groups etc show their "name" as Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lee Moreau, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee Moreau

Is there a way to change this? I set up my queues and ring groups and under Name I named them things that describe them so I know what they are, so like "Main Line - Queue" etc. But when someone calls in on that Queue, it shows that as their caller ID. I see in general settings you can prepend or append the caller ID, but can I not turn that off? Appending it helps a bit since at least I can see the persons proper name first but this seems like weird behavior. It's almost like there should be another field that is the "Description" so you know what each queue etc is for no?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

On my Yealinks I see
    RING GROUP NAME - CALLER NAME
    ###-###-####

I wish it could display in 3 lines or wrap or something because the caller name ends up off the screen.

I think this might be a limitation of the information available in a SIP Header for the phone to process. So all 3cx can do is add information.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lee Moreau

I just don't get why it does it in the first place. Like to me there should be 2 fields under ring groups and queues "Description" and then "Name" with Description just being an internal thing that is for reference, so you can put "Main line - sales queue" for example. Then Name is what it puts on the call display, so you could leave it blank if you want nothing or you could put like "SALESQ1" or something short you know?

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

So you want to be able to have a NAME and a DESCRIPTION. 1 that you see in the Mangement Tool and 1 for Phone Display....

If you just want to turn it off
    Check this option under SETTINGS -> ADVANCED -> CUSTOM PARAMETERS: APPENDCIDQUEUE enable 1
    Set as 0 to turn it off completely. Does not require a service restart.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.