Quick question or 2 or 3.. about fax capability in Version 4

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ralph, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Ralph

Ralph Member

How do you implement faxing with version 4 3CX server?

To recieve and send faxes is it as simple as hooking up 3CX to a t.38 compliant VoIP provider and configuring a 3CX fax server for that line?

Is the fax support via a 3CX fax server service that is part of the regular 3CX server install now?

It sounds as though recieving a fax is done through email via pdf files.
    How is sending handled? Is there a fax printer that you set up on client computers or is it integrated into the nw 3CX call assistant?

How do you or can you set up a multifunction printer or existing fax machine (assuming it has a nic card or is plugged directly into the client work station via USB)??

Is there a web interface to use for times when the client is away from their workstation but would need to send a fax?

Sooo Many Questions and sooo few brain cells left to process the answers with :shock:

Thanks again

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

From what I remember reading elsewhere on the Forum:

3CX will receive T38 fax and will email to you as PDF, and is part of regular install.

Sending will be handled by integration with Microsoft Fax sometime in the near future, not available as yet, and will probably not be available until final release.

I have no clue on the network printing question.

I did not read of any method of sending other than with Microsoft Fax, so I expect no web interface. Would be nice if 3CX could accept outbound fax via email as some online services presently do though.

3. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Good design for receive fax to pdf then forward to target email address. Support traditional T.38 fax machine which connected to FXS gateway should be the total solution of T.38 FAX.

4. Ralph

Ralph Member

Thanks

Thanks for the quick update.

I am looking forward to release of the final version :D