Quick VOIP Client Question

Discussion in 'Windows' started by SWB, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWB

SWB New Member

Hello! I have the VOIP client installed on my home computer pointed and connected to the newly installed 3CX phone system in my office. Connection is good as I can see all extensions. I'm able to connect to the extensions view Desk Phone Mode, but am unable to connect via Headset mode. I'm also not able to dial out using the Headset mode. Am I missing something? Are there ports which need to be open I can double check and if so which ports? The client works fine on my office computer in both modes.

Thanks! So far so good with this product.

2. ess

ess New Member

The Tunnel hopes to secure and limit the amount of ports needed. However, many users have reported that it is not quite fully functional, including me.

Here are the instructions for setting up the tunnel between your home and office:
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/3cx-tunnel-session-border-controller/ - new link

There are new versions of the client and server that have come out that might have resolved the tunnel issue. So, stick tight and wait to see what luck other people have had with the tunnel. I expect it to be fully functional though.

Good luck!

-Tim

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 ess, Apr 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.