• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Quick VPN Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincelarkin

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this tip.
I have set up 3cx at our office on a win xp box behind router.

Install hamachi from http://www.hamachi.cc

From home I've installed hamachi and in a few minutes created a vpn

You can now use the soft phone to connect to the 3cx server and make/receive calls.

Vince

Hey,

Hamachi is amazing. I use it for a lot of different things. LogMeIn has a lot of great products for IT people out there. However, I had some trouble setting it up for 3cx because 3cx tries to register my sip trunks over the hamachi virtual adapter (with the 5.* ip) and that gets all messed up.

Perhaps you guys know a little more about setups with multiple network adaptors.

-Tim

ok having a little problem now! I can make and receive calls ok but when somone at the office tries to transfer me, I can hear the hold music and the the other person picking up the transfered call, I can hear them but they can not hear me.

Thanks Matt,

I will try the same test when I'm at the office. I will only allow the softphone to coinnect via the Hamachi network and see what happens.

I do get 2 way audio if I answer a call whice is coming from an extension at work our via the voip provider at work.

Any ideas how to sort this problem out?

OK came to the office this morning and did the same test and when the call is transfered the audio is one way only just like from home.

The traffic dos not leave our local network.

Perhaps some settings in 3cx ini need changing? We do have a small business licence and any help would be very helpful.

Vince

OK Did another experiment.

No firewalls turned on at all and all devices on the local lan and connecting the softphone via hamachi ip address 5.x.x.x .

Made a call from softphone to another internal extension (real snom phone)

I can hear audio both ways

Placed the call on hold with the snom phone

softphone can hear hold music

transfered the call from snom extension to another snom extension

then only one way audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.