Solved Random DID appearing and Caller ID not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SonnyPeas, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonnyPeas

Hello there,
    Here is the issue - My pilot DID (only DID in trunk) is say 123-xxx-xxxx now when I make an outgoing call, the receiving end gets 869-xxx-xxxx

I'm going insane trying to figure out where this number is even coming from.

anyway, what I need help with is just making sure Receiving end of the call gets the 123 number and not 869 number

once again. 123 is THE ONLY DID in the system and I have no idea where the other number is coming from?

2. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

most likely youre not sending out CID correctly so your provider is changing it ... Ask your provider where its coming from !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SonnyPeas likes this.
  3. SonnyPeas

So Update** when we remove all CID info the proper DID comes up but now we can't add any company name, the moment we it either stays the DID or changes to the company name and the other number

4. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Where are you setting this ??? Seems like you may be putting a company name where you would usually put in the DID number for outbound calls ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    SonnyPeas likes this.
  5. SonnyPeas

Sip Trunk -> Caller ID -> config outbound ID

New to 3CX, is there anywhere else I could add a company ID

6. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

in that box put your DID number. The name however you usually just set once and it applies for all calls on that trunk (and that's assuming your sip trunk provider lets you send a name - lots don't).
    The name is usually (but not always - depends on carrier) set in the sip trunk, outbound parameters, "From: Display Name" set to custom field and type in your company name there.

Let me know how it goes.
    upload_2017-4-18_16-34-2.png

7. SonnyPeas

Just tried and each phone call is only coming in as Pilot DID number and not set name

Attached Files:

8. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Lets start that over. First the outbound callerid box in the sip trunk should just have the DID you want to show when calling out from that extension.
    Then I'd confirm with your voip carrier that you're even capable of sending the name. If you can, ask them where they expect it. If it's not the "From:Display Name" like I mentioned before it could very possibly be the "P-asserterted identidy: Display name" ...

9. SonnyPeas

Appreciate the help by the way. Also provider DOES give me full access to change

10. SonnyPeas

Figured it out!! Thanks a bunch

was requesting name from Remote Party ID - Calling Party : Display Name

11. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Excellent !

Artik Lal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.