Randomising Music On Hold

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ahmed24, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahmed24

I have different music on hold tracks which has embedded on hold message each. Rather than joining them all into one file, I thought if i keep them as different files then have them play in different orders. When I did this and uploaded the multiple tracks and selected randomize, it just randomly selects a file and just repeats that file.

Problem with putting all the on hold messages inside the on hold track is that the on hold messages will always be in the same order. Unless I make it all one track and have it in different orders as different files.

Any ideas?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

If not mistaken, I believe that the MOH is random when initially selecting the file. I do not think that the system goes on to select other files similar to a "play list" manner once the initial file has reached the end, but rather that it loops the selected file for the duration of the on-hold period for that call. Should another call come in while the original call is still holding, the system will then select a file for that caller which may or may not be the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.