Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Rapid Provisioning

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by neville, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neville

neville New Member

I am interested in using RPS with Yealinks and 3CX. I believe that the 3CX RPS only works with Stun. However, I am testing a cloud based SBC but need a way to get the provisioning files when I have phones direct shipped to end users.

Is anyone using the Yealink RPS or another that works well?

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Not really sure what the question is. RPS has to be done by the manufacturer so there is no other RPS if you are using Yealink phones. The whole point of RPS is that it is baked into the firmware at the factory. If you buy your phones through proper distribution channels you could have them pre-program the phones for you before shipping to the end customers.

I haven't done this but you could probably 'hack' the 3CX insistence on only doing RPS with STUN phones by simply making a custom template and putting your cloud SBC settings under the STUN config block

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 3CXDude

3CXDude New Member

Yes, we use Yealink's RPS for a couple of years. Very easy to use and works very well.

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

well RPS is build in 3CX for STUN provisioning only. But as you plan to use SBC then you can use PnP provisioning and can map the phones from the MNG console of the 3CX. So no need for RPS...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. neville

neville New Member

Stefan, we are using a cloud based SBC for testing purposes, not the 3CX premises SBC. I think we are going to use the Yealink RPS for our provisioning issues. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.