Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Raspberry Pi Install Guide issues?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cabc, Jun 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cabc

Is it something I missed something (probably) or is the Raspberry Pi install script poorly worded/out of date.

I've bought a Pi (2B) and started to get it set up as an sbc but the install document seems to tell you to use the pi account(stage1/2)... but then shows screens and commands that I think can only have come from being logged in the root account. I've tried running the commands with sudo which would seem to be the recommended approach. (rather than enabling a password on root) which has got me part of the way, but I don't think the certificate installed correctly and I get a failure on update/ install.

Am I making a meal of this or is there another updated script around somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

[​IMG]

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

You also have to sudo the key install.

Or.. just cheat and sudo su first and root all the things.. but use sparingly..

3. cabc

Thanks Ian

I reloaded the Pi and went for the sudo su approach. This time I got all the way without further errors.

.... now I just have to get the phone to provision :)

Ian

4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I didn't get that far.. yet. Had to move on to trying to P2V a process control machine running W2K (yeah.. fun..).

Manual config to register with the extension's creds and the rPi as the address.. worked okay. I ran about 4 SPA504 units on it.. seemed to hold up okay.

Given some of the flaws in the install (overcomable..), I question whatever provisioning process there may be. I guess what I'm not quite seeing is where a provisioning profile or template would drop in the SBC's address/hostname.. without something there or (worse) the same SBC hostname everywhere (non-FQDN.. also not ideal..), I'm just not seeing it.
    Or.. not seeing it yet.

Fortunately my current SBC needs are for smaller/remote offices.. it certainly is geared for the hosted/cloud/tenant config as well.. which means "large" deployments will need full provisioning options.. and for multiple offices ideally.

Manual is doable.. just not ideal.

5. techsage

I am using the same instructions logged in as root. I am getting an error when trying to install the public.key file. I am getting "(Broken Pipe)". Any thoughts?

Ok I have an update.....

I re-installed my Pi and now everything seems to work except it will not locate the 3cxsbc install. I am using a new link in the sources.list that I received from 3CX. Any thoughts? The only additional thing I can find is when installing the public key I a final line of "gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.