RC 1 - Register with Vonage

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xc99tour, Mar 9, 2007.

1. xc99tour

As with previous versions of 3CX, during the day I loose my registration with Vonage. 3CX should be able to re-register on occasion (like the rest of my devices do back to 3CX) but it does not.

I have to force it by doing a fake modfication of the VOIP page, then everything works fine.

This is a "deal killer" for me. I can't use this product (free or otherwise) if it won't stay registered with my VoIP service.

2. radujohn

Vonage and Lingo are exclusive use. They have hidden settings that work with thie stuff.

I remember in horror how many calls to tech support to HP I had to make for my HP All-in-one 7310xi because for Vonage you nedd some settings , for Lingo others ... and for regular small VOIP providers like packet8, stanaphone .... and others .... you don't need any special setting.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Radujohn

3. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Hi,

In VoIP provider options set 'Time between registration attemps (in seconds)' to be shorter. Let's say, from 60 to 600 seconds. Your line registration will be refeshed more often after that.

If this doesn't help - try to change interval of STUN resolution for external IP. In General settings, section 'Stun server options', set 'Recheck external IP every (sec)' to be, let's say, 300 sec (every 5 minutes).
    You can play around with that settings to find out optimal values for your environment.

4. xc99tour

I'll try your suggestings, thank you.

When 3CX does a re-register, does it show in the server log?

5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

If PBX performs re-registration due to change of external IP:port mapping - yes, it will be mentioned into the server status page. If it's just periodical refresh of registration - it wouldn't be mentioned.

6. xc99tour

But yet all the STUN server updates are. Interesting. What is the thought process behind that?

7. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Don't you think it's a little bit rude? We're still in development phase, so we set log severity/levels according to OUR debug needs. Now we're cleaning and adjusting log messages, so soon you will not get such unnecessary messages on the serever status page.

8. xc99tour

Sorry, did not mean to ruffle your feathers. I was just courious why you show the STUN server traffic and not the register, but that's fine. But you are at RC 1 which means you are past Beta and it should be near release quality.

By the way, your adjustmens worked great! My internet provider had an outage and both Vonage and VoipBuster recovered fine.

9. chrisjr

Rude

Wow that guy is sorta rude especially for a free product! You guys have continued to make improvements and I'm very impressed by your progress.. Good work guys.

10. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

xc99tour great to hear you are up and runnign again! your suggestions are always appreciated and taken in consideration.

Also thank you chrisjr for your words of appreciation! It always great to hear of satisfied ( or near satisfied :) ) users.

11. smpclient

internet

Sometimes things just come across wrong on the internet. I am sure the devs want good feedback, wether it is from a free or paid user.

At any rate, I could see the reregister log as being extremely valuable, but it could be suggested in a nicer way :)

I am really excited about this product BTW! Don't know why I didnt register in this forum a long time ago...