Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Re-auto-provisioning with DHCP option 66

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ziptalk, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

When I upgraded the 3CX to version 7.4744, it replaced the provisioning templates, and my SNOM templates had the dial tone set to GER. I reset them to GBR, and deleted the provisioning files that had been created previously that comprised of the MAC address under the provisioning folder. I reset/rebooted the phones thinking it would obtain it's reservation, and thus generate a new provisioning file of which it would download. However the phones are obtaining IP Addresses from the general DHCP pool.

It seems that if the Phone is brand new, it'll auto-provision fine, but no amount of reseting of the phone allows it to obtain it's reserved IP Address again, and I can't seem to flush the lease. Fortunately I had backed up the provisioning files and reinstated and manually modified the provisioning files for the GBR ring tone.

But my question is this, how do you re-auto provision a phone after they have initially been provisioned. I had stopped and started the DHCP server, but there is nothing i can do to let it give up it's lease - although I would of thought a factory reset of the handset would of been sufficient. I also upgrade the firmware for good measure.

Thanks for letting me know how to be able to re-auto-provision phones that have previously been auto-provisioned.

Lewis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. discovery1

discovery1 Member

For 3CX You delete the provisioning file with the MAC address for the phone.
    Go into the extension properties in 3CX and then the provisioning tab then click apply then click OK.
    Once you click apply the provisioning file should be recreated.

If you are talking about provisioning the phone from a DHCP perspective the phone should be assigned the IP address reserved for it's MAC address

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ziptalk

ziptalk New Member

Thanks for that, that's the only thing I didn't do! :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.