• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Re-poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

iainaa

Reaction score
There is no re-polling feature on 3cx why ?

Probably because they are using a new definition of what a PBX is and supposed to do :mrgreen:
Halea

iainaa said:
There is no re-polling feature on 3cx why ?

Hi,

There is the "Feature Requests" forum. Please ask this question there, but add some description of this feature.

Thanks

First of all let me say 3cx is great BUT the only feature which is not available which lets the system down is re-poll. I know many people have breached the subject with 3cx but they continue to ignore it even though "all" the other pbxs have this facility, it seems very strange to me. Just incase anybody doesnt understand what im talking about ill give you a current scenario off one of my clients:

Lunch time all staff are on lunch except receptionist. Phone rings receptionist answers. 1 minute later second call rings while receptionist is one first call. Receptionist finishes first call and goes to answer second call BUT she cant as her phone is not ringing. The reason it is not ringing is that 3cx does NOT re-poll a ringgroup to check and ring that now available line. The rectionist is currently carrying two phones at lunchtime - a joke in my opinion. Why is 3cx ignoring this issue even though many have told them about this , no idea?

I have at least 3 clients waiting on 3cx to resolve this issue before they purchase 3cx software but the way things are going they could be going to asterisk ! :cry:

3CX supports Call Queue. It is exactly what you need and it re-polls serving agents.

archie said:
3CX supports Call Queue. It is exactly what you need and it re-polls serving agents.

hi archie my clients dont like call queue they want it work the traditional method any ideas?

No, I give up.

archie said:
No, I give up.

why cant you re-poll like all the other pbx companies?

iainaa,
Have you been able to figure out a work-around to re-polling (or actually not having it)?
Halea

BTW, if your phone supports multiple accounts (multiple lines) you can assign several extension numbers to it and use them separately in different (or even in the same) ring group. So, incoming call to ring group will alert several lines on your phone at a time. If one of them is busy - another one still is free and will be alerted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.