Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Re Registering

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by felixnutella, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. felixnutella

Hi all

I have been looking through this forum for about an hour without luck, so I'm trying this.

I'm using a 3CX system version 10.0.21197.2104 SP3 and have entered a re-register timeout of 300 seconds (in accordance with our provider), but no attempt to re-register is ever going out according to the logs. This results in our provider disconnecting as the registration times out at their end and no incoming calls can be made.

We have a static IP, no SIP ALG, but with NAT from outside IP to inside. The outside IP is also stated on the advanced tab of the provider.

Anyone have any idea as to what might be wrong ?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Registration time is usually "suggested" with a message, from the provider, during the first registration, although you should be able to shorten that if needed. It seems strange that there is no attempt to re-register at all. Do you have the box checked, (in the trunk section) to indicate that registration is required?

3. felixnutella

Hi leejor - the only thing I can find with regards to that is require registration for in-/outgoing calls. That is set to require for both.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Has this been happening from day one, or did the issue begin after an upgrade, or something else changing? Do you just have the one VoIP provider?

5. felixnutella

I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that it worked before upgrading to v10. We only have the one provider, so I can't check if the problem also occurs for other providers..

6. Lukas

Felix,

same problem here.

We have multiple providers and one of them (Ticinocom, same as yours?) from time to time fails to specify any "expires" information in the sip packet that is sent in response to 3CX register request. When this happens, 3CX does not re-register and after a while the provider considers our 3CX disconnected and does not forward any incoming call.

The re-register timeout is not honored, either. From what I can see 3CX re-registers when 90% of the time specified by the provider in the OK response has elapsed, and the value specified manually is not taken into consideration.

I am told 3CX will be looking into the issue, and knowing how attentive and supportive they are I am sure that this little "incompatibility" (which happens when a provider does not play nice) will be fixed soon.

If anyone knows of a work-around, in the meanwhile, I am sure both Felix and I could make good use of it! :)

7. felixnutella

Sorry for not checking up..

My provider is sending an expires header which indeed results in refreshing registration. BUT how come that this is not shown anywhere? I would expect it to be shown in the list of Remote Connections, but there it's just the last forced registration. I my mind that is quite misleading.

The problems we are seeing are missing incoming calls, but outgoing is working OK. A refresh of the registration unblocks the non-incoming calls and "2-way" comm is available again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.