• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Re Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_H

Reaction score
Hi,

Great app. Quite the best I've tried on my Desire 2.1

I have a couple of issues. I can register and use our local office based Asterisk box via wifi when I'm in the office. Quite naturally, the registration ultimately times out and fails if I leap in the car and drive home. However, when I return to the office the next day I have to remember to restart 3cx to force a re-registration. Is there anyway it can be persuaded to do this automatically as I always forget and the first I know is when my colleagues complain they can't contact me on my office extension.

Alternatively (and not as nice) can I force a reregisttration without having to restart the app?

I am using the installation on my HTC Desire, and have no such problems. It reregisters when I get in the proximity of a wireless network. I am using it with 2 accounts, and can switch by trying to configure the one I want and then go back to the main window. It then registers to the desired account.

Charel said:
I am using the installation on my HTC Desire, and have no such problems. It reregisters when I get in the proximity of a wireless network. I am using it with 2 accounts, and can switch by trying to configure the one I want and then go back to the main window. It then registers to the desired account.

Mark_H is most likely referring to the Wifi<->3G bug. If you stick to WiFi-only or 3G-only you should have no problem re-registering.

Are my assumptions true and you are only using Wifi to use 3CXPhone?

@loganss: You're correct, I only use 3CX over wifi. I'd have to launch/stop a VPN client to get to the Asterisk box via 3G and anyway, 3G is pretty poor here in rural UK where I'm based.

However, I was trying it out VPN/3G just after I started using 3CX. maybe I'll try again. How long should it take to effect the re-registration?

@Mark_H: I actually thought you might have been switching from 3G <-> Wifi and Charel was using WiFi only. If you are using WiFi only, I would have thought 3CXPhone would have reregistered once you reconnected to a WiFi network.

Are you using the latest 3CXPhone build (v1.1.10)? I didn't encounter the 3G<->WiFI bug that was in SipAgent and it reregistered to a network based on my settings. The Advanced -> 'Registration Timeout' setting is the one that controls how long before 3CXPhone reregisters if the registration fails.

Is your phone settings ->Wireless & networks ->WiFi settings -> menu button -> Advanced -> 'WiFi sleep policy' set to Never?

As Loganss indicated above, have you confirmed the setting in your Wireless Settings?
Is your phone settings ->Wireless & networks ->WiFi settings -> menu button -> Advanced -> 'WiFi sleep policy' set to Never?

Also, how many wireless access points are you connecting to each time you go around / home / office and are they all locked / open?

I am going through the forums responding to everyone who has had registration timeout errors.

After getting so mad at my phone I was ready to throw it I decided to dig deeper into the problem.. I did a factory reset on the phone then upgraded the Android OS. I reinstalled 3CXphone and the other needed apps and the phone now works PERFECT. It will stay registered for days and days at a time.

There is something in the new Android OS update that fixes all these issues. My guess is that the devs are using this latest version to develop on.

Hope this helps

Hi,
Would you share with us what version of OS you are running and which is working with 3CX ??.

I have an HTC Desire running 2.1 update 1 - and the phone tells me there are no updates available.

Obviously I don't really want to do a factory reset if its not necessary ;) .

I posted a new request yesterday, but no answers yet....

I am currently successfully using the 3cx client on win7 using the same wifi router as the phone, so the 'registration failed' problem must be in the phone version and not router setup I assume.

Thanks

Graham

A little different of an issue for me. My registration shows OK on the phone when connected to my wifi. when I originally start 3cx I can place and receive calls. Later in the day I can not but the phone shows registered. Even when away my green light is still lit and it says the username on the main 3cx screen.

If it was the wifi wouldnt the green light go out and phone not be registered? Im running Froyo 2.2 on HTC EVO. Any help is appreciated.

kps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.