Re: Samsung S5 3cxphone no sound

Discussion in 'Android' started by Laurie Peyper, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurie Peyper

I have installed the 3cx software on my phone. The 3cx software works well with good quality audio both ways on Local.
    The big problem is when I go through tunnel. The phone registars and I can hear the called party but they dont hear my mic audio.
    we have recently changed to 3cx for our entire system and this is the first phone we have tried to configur.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Very strange , as we usually make use of the Tunnel feature to "get around" issues.

Have you tried both 3/4G and wifi? Have you tried using a headset to see if there is a different behaviour.
    Can the far end hear DTMF tones if you dial a digit? If so that would confirm an audio path, just not one from the mic.

It would be interesting to see if this problem can be duplicated on a second phone (or even the Windows version on a laptop), if so, then the "suspect" may indeed be at the PBX end (firewall/router?).

3. Laurie Peyper

I did try a headset. The Office party still did not hear me. I will try send dtmf tones to them to see if they receive anything. Laurie

4. Laurie Peyper

I tested with dtmf keyes. The tones do not go through to the Office. Laurie

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you ever try using wifi or 3/4G separately (not activated at the same time) ?

Which version of the 3CX phone are you using? Do you have any other devices, using the Tunnel, that have no audio issues?

Are you running any sort of firewall (software or hardware), at the PBX end?

6. Laurie Peyper

I have tried them seperate and 3g and wifi in various configurations.
    I will ask our it department if they have a firewall they are using. One of their chaps
    Tried a tablet and they also could not get the mic to work. Fault is both on 3G and seperate
    wireless service provider.

7. Laurie Peyper

I have installed V12. From Google store. I dont think they have managed to get anything else working on the tunnel.
    Please advise.
    laurie

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If more than one device (you could also test, with a laptop running the Windows 3CX Phone) is having the same issue, when using the tunnel, then, I would suspect something at the PBX end. This may be a firewall, or a router setting (on the more sophisticated "business" routers).

Did you ever run the 3CX firewall checkers? I can't remember, off-hand if it dealt with the tunnel port or not. It may be worth a shot as it may indicate a problem.

As I said previously, people will generally use the tunnel option to overcome NAT issues, as everything runs over the same port, however, something on your network may be set to block certain types of traffic.

Keep in mind that the tunnel, unlike VPN, does not have any security benefits (it's not encrypted).

9. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I always test loopback before all else, to verify whether or not my endpoint can receive and send audio properly. For a 3-digit setup, use *777 and hear what you get.

Keep the troubleshooting isolated to just the local leg between handset/phone and the PBX.

10. Laurie Peyper

I tested the loopback audio on the office network and it works fine. When
    I test on 3g there is no feedback.

11. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This sounds more and more like an issue with the firewall on the PBX side. I think leejor is right, you should run the Firewall Checker as it does check port 5090 (tunnel port). The "business class" firewalls can indeed be tricky sometimes to get them setup with static NAT rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.