READ IF YOUR USING A LINKSYS PHONE

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jantoney, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jantoney

Hi Everyone...
    I have opened this just to get a post where i can update everyone on the results of my work with linksys phones and integration into 3CX

I have SPA962 phones and have several issues with them including the lack of BLF features.
    I have a friend in linksys who has arranged a firmware upgrade for this (due out soon!) however i would like to know from everyone if you have anything else that isn't quite right or would like a feature implimented in the linksys phones..
    There is no promiss that it will... but i can try!

I have also started work on creating automattic provisioning for 3CX that will hopefully be implimented into the 3CX releases once complete!

Anything else anyone wants???

-- THIS IS MORE FEATURES AND A POST TO KEEP YOU INFORMED OF FIRMWARE UPDATES TO THE PHONE! --
    -- PLEASE KEEP SUPPORT/ERRORS ON DIFFERENT POSTS! --
    -- I READ MOST STUFF THAT GOES THROUGH THE FORUM SO I WILL PICK UP BUGS FROM THERE AND POST ANY RESPONSES FROM LINKSYS HERE AND IN THE ORIGIONAL POST --

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Jay,

Just to thank you in advance for this - this will be a great help for 3CX and all Linksys users!

We will work with you on the provisioning template as well as the test the BLF as soon as it is out.....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. landfiets

landfiets New Member

Allthough the MWI in the last firmware of SPA was improved, I still see problems that after a day or so, when I look into the phone SPA the dropdown menu for MWI ist set to "no" again by itself. Very strange

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Thumbs up for provisioning and an improved (more reliable) WMI. Right now my clients are rebooting their phones every morning to get it to work.
    I've tried it wil WMI set to yes and set to no. just the mailbox @ and mailbox@3cxIP.

5. jantoney

sorry mate my post isn't going to be any good news..
    Linksys hasn't been using a standard WMI protocol, and V5.1 BETA doesn't help the issue either...
    I have emailed them about this issue and will reply when i get an answer...

6. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

Not sure if provisioning can deploy directory entries to SPA 9xx series phones, but that would be really good - deploying the internal extension list as directory entries to the phones.

7. jantoney

Hey Everyone...
    Bad news... kinda

Linksys have come back saying that the firmware update we are waiting for is now March/April
    I have already had a go at them about their reputaion about releaseing updates but the official line is 'It's our process. We have to conform to ISO standards of documentaion'
    I wounder if it would be easier them just releaseing the code like they did the wag modem/routers and letting developers update the code via sum open source license or something.... Would be faster!

they mentioned that its being written for asterix so Im worried about the ASTERISK part but hope that they write it to conform to all SIP standards!
    eitherway looks like we are waiting a bit more... :x

8. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Can they do a release as a beta and officially release it when the ISO stuff is done?

9. landfiets

landfiets New Member

I don't know if all this information is always correct for us here in Europe.
    As I experienced the MWI function is different in 5.2.2. from the former firmware.
    You have to put it to yes now instead of no. The only thing is that sometimes it loses this detail and sets itself to no again.
    Please test this with the hardware instead of only asking the guys themselves. Let the phone speak for itself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.