Real time hooks using voice recognition during active calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MediaHound, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MediaHound

I'm looking to build an application (or hire someone to build this for me), which will listen to calls in real time. When a word is mentioned (I need a place to store the words to listen for), it should ping an URL of my specification with some details of the call, to route it to the appropriate agent screen, and do other things. Such as:

http://path/to/my/server/myscript.php?callid=$callid&phoneextension=$phoneextension&keyword=$theword

So that for example if the word "vacation" is one of my stored trigger words, and if the word "vacation" is mentioned during a call, my server can be notified, and I can use that hook to do some useful things. Such as make something appear in my CRM that agent is looking at.. a dictionary with the definition for "vacation" can pop up on their screen, or other things that I'll build to my specification.. statistics of how often certain words are mentioned, and so forth.

Anyone have such a thing created already or know anything similar? Or are interested in building this for me for a fee? Thanks in advance. Any and all info appreciated.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Re: Real time hooks using voice recognition during active ca

There is no such application that I am aware of for this purpose.

It is an interesting notion, but I see a few challenges:

The processing power to do real-time speech analysis would be fairly significant as you are looking for the application to examine every word in the voice stream and then only pick out certain words and act upon same. As people have different speech patterns and accents, the engine would need to be robust. Further, there is always the possibility that the recognition might miss a desired word or even misinterpret.

I also don't know how I would react if I were in the middle of a sentence and then suddenly be redirected mid-stream. I assume that I would have been talking to someone given your desire to listen real time as I normally don't talk to the digital receptionist unless someone has designed it to have numerous nesting levels. The design would presumably have to be applicable only to calls that originate externally as I assume that internally originated calls might use the "key" words frequently in the course of normal business.

Microsoft had a product with voice recognition a few years back called "ResponsePoint". When a caller called in, they would be greeted with a Digital Receptionist and then the caller could say the destination, which was the extension name, and they would be redirected accordingly. It was an interesting product, and did help with mobile phone users who may have been driving get to the extension in need without having to press buttons. But it did not have the hooks for "pops" to get to a Screen as you would like.

You may want to take a look at the 3CX VAD product. While not a voice recognition application, you may be able to design a system that meets most of your needs.

You could also submit a feature request, but my personal guess is that this is so specialized that the traction would be minimal. Good Luck, maybe there is a developer who can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.