Rebound feature goes direct to voicemail on v9

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rmm, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmm

rmm

I’ve just upgraded to v9 and if I set forward to my mobile number, calls are immediately forwarded to my mobile number, as I would expect.
    However, if it then select the Rebound check box, the caller is asked to state their name and then press any button. On pressing any button, the call is then sent directly to my extension’s voicemail.
    Looking at the log, it seems my VoIP provider is forbidding the call in the Rebound mode: Call to sip:nnnnnnnn@sip.voip-unlimited.net:5060 has failed; Cause: 403 Spoofed From-URI Detected; from IP:nn.nnn.n.n:5060
    Anyone experience anything similar? I didn’t have a problem using the ‘offer option to accept call’ on v8 when transferring to mobiles...
    Thanks.

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I can confirm this feature works in broadvox and v9 sp1.

So it may be your voip provider as you say.

Also check the rules - they caught me out at first - the internal calls are at the top and external underneath. We spent ages figuring out why the external calls were not forwarding correctly on Away, Out of Office and Custom#2.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rmm

rmm

I rolled back to v8 this AM and external call forwarding is now working again.

This must be a voip provider issue with v8 to v9, however, who is resonsible for the voip provider templates? 3cx or the vendor? I’ll file a support ticket with voip-unlimited anyway. Anyone esle on voip-unlimited having this issue with v9?

Thanks.

4. rmm

rmm

I’ve discussed with Voip-Unlimited technical support and we’ve compared my v8 successful log file with my v9 unsuccessful log file.

They believe there is an error porting from v8 to v9 and that 3CX need to look into this and fix the template correctly.

** 3CX: will you confirm you’ll look into this using your test accounts at Voip-Unlimited? **

Thank you.

5. rmm

rmm

Solved! Through judicious reading of the following 3CX blog post: http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/forwarding-rules-v9/

I’ve had to change the outbound caller id to be that of the trunk line from our voip provider. Shame, as it means that my remote users won’t be able to see the actual caller’s caller ID, but they can hear it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.