• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Rebound Functionality For Ring group

Status
Not open for further replies.

star1

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
Hi,

We're trying to have a ring all ring group forward to a group of extensions and an external number at the same time. Among the list of extensions in the group is 1 extension that is set to forward to mobile. It seems the only way to have the forward work is by checking the box for 'Ring my mobile simultaneously'. When this is enabled, it disregards the rebound checkbox. When the simultaneous is unchecked, it doesn't forward at all.

Did we miss something in the configuration? Does anyone have this working?

Thanks,
Eric Mandel

Hey Eric,

Settings => General => Global Options

Enable 'Allow forwarding to external numbers in Ring Groups and Queues on/off'. Then just make an extension set to forward to an external number, without the Mobile option.

Thanks. I actually had that setting enabled already.

I changed the rule to not use mobile, but just forward to external number. Still no go. Just to clarify the setup:

Ring Group 813 (Ring All) contains ext 198
Ext 198 set to available/logged in.
Forwarding rule for available: No Answer after 60 seconds (also tried 1 sec) send to an external number. Selected Rebound option

When I dial 198 directly it works as expected. When I dial 813, the logs show it dialing ext 198 but no further external call takes place.

Do you have this working in an environment you've setup? Do my settings above look right?

Rules are simple:
Extension settings don't influence behavior of ring group because ringgroup has own "no answer" timeout and "no answer" destination.
Mobile(external number) rings only in case if you ask PBX to ring to your mobile simultaneously with your extension or ask PBX to replace extension with mobile or external number (unconditional devertion in Away, Out of office, Custom #2 profiles).
"Conditional" type of diversion (no answer/busy) is not for ring group (queue).
Rebound functionality is applied only to calls directly addressed to your extension. Calls routed by ringgroup and queues are not such type of call.

Stepan,

Perfect, concise explanation of the rules. Thanks.

You confirmed my hunch that rebound doesn't apply for ring groups/queues. Can we request that as a new feature in a new version?

Thanks.
Eric

star1 said:
Stepan,

Perfect, concise explanation of the rules. Thanks.

You confirmed my hunch that rebound doesn't apply for ring groups/queues. Can we request that as a new feature in a new version?

Thanks.
Eric

Hi Eric,

There are no objections and/or restrictions to publish(or vote) feature requests on http://3cx.ideascale.com/

Thanks

I have a similar problem, I have queue able to transfer to my cell phone after selecting send to mobile number but rebound function is not working and its leaving VM message to my cell phone VM box instead of leaving message to my 3cx extension, this is very strange. We can get all the features in Asterisknow and the reason of me buying this software is to get the most of out of it but its not working the way we want it, all the features are there than what is the purpose of this software, but they are not performing well I am sure its a very good software but software doesn't worth anything if its not working the way we want even thou all the features are exist in this software. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.